• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment interim relief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment interim relief

Hi all. I have done a search but cant find what I am looking for so I am asking the question. I am attending an interim relief hearing shortly following dismissal and really want to know from anyone who has attended one before - it doesnt matter if it was successful or unsuccessful. I just want to know what it is like. It is by video and I dont have a barrister as I cant afford one and am terrified that my employers one will tear me apart. I have several specific questions and it would really help if anyone can explain what happens:
    - What is the actual process? Does the claimant start?
    - Will the judge guide me?
    - It is listed to last a day - will it actually last that long?
    - What is the best way to prepare?
    - How do I stay calm?
    - Anything else I should know?
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

If it is via video then you will be sent, about 24 hours in advance, what is called the CVP link that you will need to use to login to the Tribunal system. It is likely you will be asked to login 15 minutes before the start time of the hearing which will typically be scheduled to start at 10am and the end time, if it does run for the day, is 4pm. There is usually a break mid morning and afternoon break and a further lunch break of an hour. There may also be some short breaks between these but it is really dependent on the Judge and the flow of the proceedings. If you have problems with the CVP link then you will need to call the Tribunal.

Given that you have made the application then you will be asked to make your submission first.

I am not sure what you mean by will the judge guide me? The judge cannot give you legal advice but they can assist with procedural points.

You need to be able to direct the Tribunal to the parts of your claim form and any supporting documentation that are relevant specifically to your interim relief application.

I appreciate that this can be very daunting experience if you have coping strategies for dealing with stressful situations then you need to employ them. Sounds silly but make sure you have a good breakfast it can feel very intense and you need to have the energy to deal with the day.

When you talk to the employment judge, you should call them "judge". It is important that you understand what is going on if you do not then do not be afraid to ask. If the judge or your employer or their representative, if they have one, says something you do not understand, ask them to explain what they mean. You can take the time you need to understand things and answer a question.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X