• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Constructive dissmisal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive dissmisal

Hi Guys,

I'm currently in the process and waiting on the ET3 response to my constructive dismissal case. I keep seeing how hard these are to prove.
    I raised some safeguarding concerns to management and nothing was done and i received no response, then i was treated as an outcast for a short while before i felt the only option i had was to hand in my notice. I two days later was told to work in the furthest possible provision as I was under investigation. I did not have means of transport and offered to work there if this was provided, they offered me only milage but not having a car this was impossible as the placement was in a different county , they then put me on unauthorized absence and was not paid at all for the month of December. The investigation ( which was full of inconsistencies and falsehoods that I can easily prove) was then dragged on until two days before my official leaving date and as expected there was no further action.
    As I was not dismissed I only saw the constructive dismissal as my only option? Have i made a mistake? I have completed my ET1 form, the respondent has missed the deadline ( were on day 10 now) and the judge has given us a two day hearing.
    Any Advice will be greatly received
    Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Resigning and then making a claim for constructive unfair dismissal can be problematical to prove and unfortunately for this type of claim, it is up to you to prove that this was the case and you had had no alternative but to resign.

I have a few questions:

1. How long have you been employed at the company?
    2. How did you raise the safeguarding concerns - verbally or by email and to whom?
    3. You say you were treated as an outcast, what are some examples of how this was displayed and over what period prior to your resignation?
    4. What did you do to try and resolve the situation - did you raise any grievance?
    5. If you did raise a grievance what was the grievance, what was the outcome?
    6. Did you appeal any grievance outcome?
    7. What was in your contract of employment about working at other locations?
    8. What was your notice period.
    9. When you resigned did you detail at all anything to set out you believe you are resigning on the basis of constructive unfair dismissal
    10. Have you phoned the Tribunal to find out the deadline for returning the ET3 has been missed?

Sorry there are so many questions but without responses to them it is difficult for me to advise you.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X