• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

ET A bit of fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET A bit of fun.

Johnson has called the privileges committee a kangaroo court.because I assume those who were sitting on the privileges committee have in front of the world in Parliament prior to the investigation called him a liar and someone who had lied to parliament.

Now If I at work before a conduct case said someone was guilty I would not be permitted to take charge of the conduct case because if I found them guilty ,the person I found guilty would have a field day at tribunal and would probably win in my opinion.

Now I believe there is nothing preventing an MP taking a case to tribunal , so could Boris win such a case. Could he claim constructive dismissal or something else.

Could Harriet find her self at ET defending her decision to take charge of the case.

P.S Try to forget any like or dislike you have for boris, think about it ,this would be the case of the century.
    Last edited by Ukmicky; 11th June 2023, 11:01:AM.
    Tags: None

No. There has been no unfairness in the process, and he was not a worker or employee. The lying arse just threw his toys out of his pram.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Harriet Harman stepped in as Chair, as Chris Bryant recused himself.
      There were more Conservative members on the Committee then any from other parties.
      So the Conservative members on the Committee voted to punish Johnson.
      His Peers also have a vote, the Committee's decision is only a recommendation.
      The full report when released will highlight in detail his transgressions.
      He 'jumped before he was pushed'. He only has himself to blame, for his own
      failings.

Comment

MPs are not employees of anyone in the legal sense so cannot take a case to ET nor take other MPs to an ET. Their role as MP is not within the scope of employment law so is not within the jurisdiction of an ET. Parliament itself regulates the conduct of MPs.

Official employers of MPs and their staff | IPSA (theipsa.org.uk)

Sorry to spoil your fun
        Last edited by PallasAthena; 11th June 2023, 11:49:AM.
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          No. There has been no unfairness in the process, and he was not a worker or employee. The lying arse just threw his toys out of his pram.

why is he not classed as an employee , I take it he is class as self employed then ?

Edit, that a shame though as it would make for a brilliant case, Harriet in ET on behalf of the government.

it may have brought it upon himself but it was unfair to have people who had accused him of lying to parliament deciding on the case.
          Last edited by Ukmicky; 11th June 2023, 12:03:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukmicky View Post

why is he not classed as an employee
            https://www.theipsa.org.uk/freedom-o...2010-11/foi062

Comment

Levity will get you nowhere - except in Parliament.

Comment

I see Michael is buying into Johnson's BS about the Privileges Committee.
                Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X