• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Letter of Resignation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Resignation

Hello and thanks for considering.

I am in a position whereby I feel the only option is to resign. There are 4/5 situations I can describe which would support my contention that I am being undermined deliberately which is harming my professional and personal reputation. Today, I have been criticised publicly (and incorrectly) for alleged poor performance in front of a group of my peers by my 2 up boss. This has caused feedback from a number of them to me as to the ‘ritual humiliation’ and ‘unnecessary public spectacle’ they witnessed. The feedback from the meeting has already been passed across the broader company and to my team.

in the immediate term I need to stop and now - I should have acted on the other examples but always hoped it would get better but today was the ‘straw’

My question is how best to convey a short note and protect ny rights to say I am resigning as I believe my role now to be untenable but buy time to present a longer and more thoughtful letter once I have had the time to take decent advice on how best to structure. Continuing in the short term is no longer an option.
    Thank You
    Tags: None

How long have you been employed at the company?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

ULA asks a very important question.

Subject to that, how about: "I am resigning with immediate effect as I believe my position now to be untenable. I will be writing a further letter giving full details within the next 10 days, but I need some time to assemble my thoughts in a clear, logical and unemotional way"
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you both for your attention.

9 years.

Comment

Thank you. This means that you have passed the 2 year qualifying period to claim unfair/constructive dismissal.

Do you have legal expenses insurance cover?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I would need to check this thanks

Comment

Just some helpful points if you are planning on resigning and claiming constructive unfair dismissal.

It is difficult to prove constructive dismissal - not many claims win. First, you must prove a fundamental (rather than minor) breach of contract by the employer and you must also show that your decision to terminate your employment was in direct response to the breach. Also in terms of what you need to consider now is that an employment tribunal will usually expect that you have tried to resolve the complaint by going through the grievance procedure, including any appeal, before resigning.
              If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
              If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you - mulch appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X