• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Umbrella Company Not Remitting Wages Into My Account.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Company Not Remitting Wages Into My Account.

My stomach hurts and I feel sick!
    I started a locum assignment in October, to be paid weekly via an Umbrella company. The umbrella company has not paid me at all. The recruiter and the Umbrella both send texts weekly saying they've sent the money to my account but as I've used them several times in the past, I generally trust that of course they would have paid it, we have a signed contract, they are regulated, I took their word for it. I don't check texts/sms and I don't check my bank account. I do my work and that's it but now I need some money and my husband needed to file my tax returns but my bank balance seemed oddly and terrifyingly very low. Admittedly I don't like numbers. I shy away from calculations, numbers don't compute quickly or easily for me as the do others. My husband asked me to log into both banks accounts I have and we couldn't find wages.

We tried to find my wages amongst the transaction but found none. So I emailed them immediately which was at the weekend. Then I rang them first thing on Monday and the person I spoke to said she would listen to the call where the account details was given and I must have given them someone else's account number (not possible as I don't have anyone else's account details. Won't that even be against employment rules to not check the account has authorisation to work in the UK and doesn't match the name I registered with etc?). I asked when I'll hear back, she said within an hour but she never rang me I've not been able to speak to her since. She's never available. Whenever I call they say they're looking into it. They're not replying any of my emails.

Today I pushed my way to speak to a director who's name I'd found online. They said she was unavailable and passed me on to someone else. He says he's the Operations Director. He said
    the money might be in my savings account or so and how come I've kept quiet all this while and waited till after 15 weeks of non payment. The first time was understandable but not after that. It's a lot of money and it has left their account and they can't pay it twice.
    I didn't wait or keep quiet. The assignment was for just over 3months ending this month. I've used this Umbrella company in 2020 and 2021. I gave them my correct account details. His company has a duty to pay to the account I gave them. I asked him who's account was it paid to; he said he can't say. I asked is it the account I gave during the call? he said he can't say. He can't say anything until the bank tells him where it went. I said but your account and systems will show where you sent it to. He said he can't give me that information as he could be giving me someone else's information.

What can I do??
    Tags: None

The first question is whether you can prove that you gave them the correct account details.

If you can prove that, then the question is not into whose account they paid the money, but whether they paid it into your account. The answer to that is presumably that they did not. In which case you have a claim to be paid, and the fact that this umbrella company may have paid into the wrong account is their problem and not yours.

But first things first: can you prove that you gave your account details correctly?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X