• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Disclosure being withheld

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosure being withheld

Hello, I am an LIP and really need help

I made a request for a few documents in July and some have been provided. However, I am still awaiting some others.
    I was updated in August and told that the respondent is still searching.
    This week the respondent made a settlement offer, I said that I will be able to let them know next week but, in the meantime, I would like the remaining documents. I feel that the documents would be detrimental to this case.

They have said they would not be taking any further case management steps whilst they await my response to their settlement offer.

Are they allowed to do this?
    Tags: None

Has the court set dates? If so, they cannot be ignored.

How does the offer compare with your claim?

Lastly, is the offer a Part 36 Offer?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Being unable to find a document may be an effective answer to your request.

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
        Has the court set dates? If so, they cannot be ignored.

How does the offer compare with your claim?

Lastly, is the offer a Part 36 Offer?

The hearing is set for 6 days in November.

The offers have kept increasing, they started at 3K and are now at 35K.
        The documents I want to be disclosed will show evidence of disability discrimination on the grounds of reasonable adjustment.

There has been no mention of Part 36

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
          Being unable to find a document may be an effective answer to your request.
          I've asked for documents showing expenses that have been signed off. They would surely have to keep some record of expenses. The company is quite large

Comment

Is this case in the Employment Tribunal?

​​​​​​@ULA may be able to add something.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
              Is this case in the Employment Tribunal?

​​​​​​@ULA may be able to add something.
              The final hearing is in November.

@ULA???

Comment

Originally posted by Londonj2014 View Post

The final hearing is in November.

@ULA???
                It's booked for 6 days

Comment

you have an interesting way of not answering questions.

ULA is another member here, with greater knowledge of employment cases than I have.

Comment

There are two issues here, one is the settlement offer and the other is the disclosure of documents.

1. On the settlement offer which has increased substantially, how does this compare with the value of the claim?
                    Is the offer something you are considering accepting?
                    Have they given a deadline for a response on the offer?

2. In terms of disclosure, you state that an expenses record will show evidence of disability discrimination on the grounds of reasonable adjustments. Is this the only evidence you are relying on to prove this?
                    Disclosure is an ongoing process even if the bundle has been exchanged.
                    Documents do get misplaced or lost and you may have to accept that ending up being the case. However what you could do is write to the respondent/there representative stating that disclosure is an ongoing process even if a settlement has been offered and that if there is no update in respect of the document you requested on xxx (insert date you requested and dates of any chasing requests) by (give 7 days) you will be making an application for disclosure to the Trubunal.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
                    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X