• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

ET3 Inaccuracies and errors. Bundle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET3 Inaccuracies and errors. Bundle

Hi, i have supporting documents to refute these Inaccuracies and errors. Do i refer to these in the witness statement as they appear Example: The Area manager only contacted you on annual leave because you had not told him you were on annual leave` I have the document that shows when i booked it , the dates and the date it was Authorised by the Area Manager.. So my question is when i get to the part of my story / witness statement that i was contacted when on leave /days off do i say ` Please see the paragraph in the ET3 that says this and to see the Document that refutes this?
    Tags: None

With the limited information provided I can only make the following observations:

1. The document that you have supporting the booking and authorisation of the annual leave should form part of the bundle.
    2. When you are dealing with this point in your witness statement (at the correct point in the chronology) you need to refer to the relevant part of the ET3 in the bundle where you believe the inaccurate statement was made and then refer to your document with its relevant page number in the bundle proving that you booked holiday and that it was authorised.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi, Many thanks for that answer, it was really important. One more thing, If my witness still works for the company can he refer to anything that's happened since my departure or has he to keep his statement relevant to the time frame the events took place in up to my departure from the company.

Example being if sales targets were unrealistic and unachievable and this forms part of my Constructive dismissal claim , after i leave they drop to manageable levels, can he state this? Kind regards Darrell

Comment

The WS needs to be relevant to the issues of your claim. This means that it should be an account of what they actually witnessed directly of the events that are set out in your claim.

Where the sales targets set for everyone at these "unrealistic or unachievable" levels for all staff or just you>
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi, they were set for the shop/team the supporting witness is assist manager of ( i was manager). Kind regards Darrell

Comment

I am not sure what the targets for the shop/team have to do with your constructive dismissal claim?

However in answer to your question my initial response at post #4 still stands. Your witness could then make one final paragraph point to say that since xxx date the targets have been set at yyyy which is a more realistic target.

Comment

Hi, once the bundle has been created can the respondent and claimant use any document etc in the bundle to refer to in the witness statements. . Regards Darrell

Comment

Once the bundle has been created and the documents exchanged this gives time before the exchange of witness statements for references to be made in those statements from relevant parts of the bundle.

Comment

Hi, your help has been invaluable. Nearly every paragraph of the ET3 has a mistake , error or not factual , that i can support with a document. Would constant ref to the ET3 and the supporting document in the witness statement interrupt the flow of the story or become annoying, or is this a good thing for me.

Also if i have no supporting document to go with it do i still refer to it on my witness statement. kind regards Darrell

Comment

Hi, If a document/email comes to mind that could be very important to the case could you ask the respondent for it ,whose control it is in. The disclosure deadline is up and we have disclosed.

Comment

• atticus
                      atticus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yes.

• ULA
                      ULA commented
                      Editing a comment
                      darrell is this thread in relation to your other thread in the employment forum regarding ET3 inaccuracies. If so then I will need to merge the two threads.

• darrell
                      darrell commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi, ok , yes it is , kind regards Darrell

What you need to do is just reference the point and then the relevant page number in the ET3 or supporting document.

You do not need to have a supporting document for all the relevant facts that you are making in your WS. Please remember you need to create your WS in chronological order of events and short paragraphs numbered sequentially.

Comment

Hi, This morning i asked the respondent for a couple more documents in there control, just 2 emails. One was sent to me the other will follow. Later today i had this email ...

In relation to the Case Management Orders dated 6 May 2022, the tribunal has only allocated two weeks for the preparation of witness statements in this case.

On that basis that this is a very short timeframe and the fact that the hearing bundle will contain roughly 100 documents, can I suggest that we revise the date for exchange of witness statements to 1 August 2022 (i.e. an additional two weeks).

I do not believe that this would be prejudicial to either the Claimant or the Respondent given that the final hearing for the case is not until November 2022.

Is this a tactic? i only say this because they also tried to get an extension for there ET3. regards Darrell

Comment

You can of course ask.
                        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi, What i am asking is that i have written my statement and all i need to do is slot in the relevant information to refer to in the bundle as and when it appears. I can keep to the time frame in the case management orders. The respondent has there own legal team , why is it they cant?

Comment

It is often the case that either party will ask the other party for an extension of the deadlines given in the CMO particularly, as in this case it is not detrimental to the timescales, given when the hearling date is set for. It still gives several months for you and the other side in that respect to prepare your case.

Well done for you being ready but in my opinion you maybe should consider agreeing to the extension.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X