• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Potential perjury advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential perjury advice.

Hi,

A bit of background first.

I have had a claim open with the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme since June 2018.

My claim was rejected and I appealed the decision.
    It took a year for a reconsideration to be carried out and it was concluded that I met the qualifying criteria for the scheme. The reconsideration team then passed it back to the claims team to decide if my injury was caused wholly or partly by the service.

Instead of doing that the claims team dropped my appeal, with notice, and started a new claim on my behalf.

This claim was written without my knowledge or consent, it also used obsolete evidence and infornation that I had not used to support the claim.
    The claim was rejected by the person that wrote the claim.

I sought clarification as to why this had happened and and I was refused an answer. I was told that I had to submit a new appeal an start the process again. It had at this point been 14 months since my appeal was lodged.
    I argued that I could not submit an appeal against a decision if I had not written the claim. I explained that all of evidence was irrelevant/obsolete.

The AFCS refused to deal with the mistake and instead told me they would forego an appeal/reconsideration and the claim would go to tribunal.

6 months later I was told that a mistake had been made and a reconsideration had to be carried out. I asked how it would be possible to reconsideration an appeal that hadn't been written. I was told that this would be dealt with at the tribunal.

So at that point I knew that the decision of the reconsideration team was made before it was officially reconsidered. I was sent a reconsideration two weeks later which ruled in favour of the person that wrote/rejected the new claim. It took a further 4 months
    to hear again and a new reconsideration was sent to me which reached a very similar conclusion.

I argued that I couldn't argue for a claim I had not written and I was told that I needed to bring it up in the tribunal. I asked why I was expected to use a tribunal to deal with the fundamental mistakes made by the AFCS.

I sent emails to the court explaining what had happened and clarified my position on a number of occasions, yet this falsified claim was used in my tribunal.

The AFCS did not send a representative to my tribunal and dispite spending an hour explaining the issues and arguing why the service was to blame for my injury, the judge ruled against me citing to falsified evidence as the reason he rejected my appeal.

He took nearly three weeks to issue a judgement and I was told that was because he needed the opinion of a senior judge. I requested written reasons and it took three months for a response, I asked for clarification and highlighted mistakes in the evidence which was duly ignored.

Given that falsified evidence was used to reach a conclusion against me, would this count a perjury?

The AFCS was fully aware that they had made fundamental procedural mistakes and knew the evidence had been twisted to support a narrative upheld by the court and the judge was fully aware of these errors.

Thanks, MMM.
    Tags: None

I am sorry to say that I have no knowlededge of the AFCS and the process that needs to be gone through to make a claim. All I can advise is on the definition of pujury which is is that someone knowingly makes a false statement about a material fact under oath during the course of judiacal proceedings.

Where you go from that standpoint, if that is what has happened, within the AFCS process I really so not know.

So sorry that we have not been able to help you.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Get on to the Army Rumour forum and post your problem.
      There will be great advice there.

The Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) is the unofficial voice of the British Army. Why not visit our hugely popular Discussion Forums and legendary British Army...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X