• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Tribunal advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response to #29

Any witness you ask to provide a statement and attend the hearing needs to be someone who can corroborate your account of events or what was said if the respondent has challenged your position in their ET3.

Response to #30

At my post #20 I have set out what you can do about amending your PoC, although my understanding from your original post is that you are already claiming disability discrimination, so your evidence should have already been set out in your ET1 or PoC. Any new claim that you want to bring and have included in the Agenda for Case Management will need to be fully supported with evidence that you will need to present at the PHR. To help you it may be useful to review the outcome of some other ET cases similar to your claim, I have linked you to a free resource below:

https://www.bailii.org/
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Dear All

Thank you for your assistance so far.

The respondent in my case has contacted me via ACAS with an offer consisting of ⅛ what I realistically would expect to be awarded in the tribunal and even less than my schedule of loss.

I have 48 agreed ET claims after the Preliminary Hearing. And I have all supporting documents and email evidence of discrimination, collusion, falsifying paperwork, etc. They have lied several times on paper, in emails, even to the tribunal and have been sanctioned.

I am left with a psychological injury qualifying as a disability for which I am being treated for and this is going to affect the rest of my life, my career and my income.

The offer is laughable, and I intend to negotiate to get the best amount I can (family man with 4 children), however I am unsure how the process generally works. Can anyone give me an overview on what is allowed and not allowed, and how to go about it please?

Are their books, websites, I can look at for ideas how negotiations generally works? I know their first offer is not the most their are prepared to offer, but I know nothing else about negotiating.

I fully understand, that any idea, advice, or comment here is not specific to my case and should not/cannot be taken as legal advice. I am just looking for help and ideas to negotiate best I can.
      Last edited by ULA; 23rd April 2023, 10:14:AM. Reason: Taken off the bold type font

Comment

The respondent will have your Schedule of Loss (SoL) so will know what you are looking to claim via the ET. What you need to consider from the starting point of the negotiation is the figure you are realistically prepared to settle at i.e. the figure at which, if you do not get it, you would be prepared to continue with your ET hearing and hope that you win and are awarded at least what you are looking for.

The respondent will always go in at a low figure and where you need to start is a higher figure than you are prepared to settle at, so that hopefully as they move up in their offer, you can show willing by moving down towards the figure you want to achieve.

The ACAS conciliator will be the person who negotiates between you and the respondent, so when you are discussing with them the offers being made and your response keep setting out the strength of your case. Also another factor to be made is that by agreeing a realistic settlement the respondent can avoid the costs of a hearing. Respondent organisations will often factor in the avoided further costs of solicitor's fees, maybe even a barrister conducting the hearing and time out of the business for witnesses to be at the hearing when considering a settlement amount to pay.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you again for your advice.
          Last edited by Snyper86; 24th June 2023, 09:37:AM.

Comment

Dear All.

Would anyone have any resources or advice regarding creating witness statements for an Employment Tribunal?

I know how important this is for my case, and I want to get it done as well as I can, but I am unsure about the structure required or the content.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Snyper86

Comment

I have attached some resources for you.
              Attached Files

Comment

ULA Thank you very much.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X