• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

staff member traveling abroad - need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staff member traveling abroad - need help

Hello.
    I am from Poland and my English is not good, so I use Google translator for which I apologize if there are any mistakes.
    My problem is with the employer.
    I don't know where I can find an answer to my employer's doubts about my behavior.
    Well, from the beginning of the Covid19 pandemic, the employer did not care too much about working conditions (distance, masks, disinfectant, etc.). We only got the masks at work (10 items of laundry and 10 filters) around March this year ... etc.
    On June 15, a colleague from work said that his wife was feeling unwell, she probably had symptoms of Covid19 and had to go home to look after her.
    The person in the office (who worked with him during the day) decided that we should all have a quick test for Covid19.
    He delivered these tests home to everyone, requesting to show him the results on WhatsApp !!
    I did mine and I informed my supervisor that tomorrow at work I will show him the result not on the WhatsApp group.
    An office worker repeatedly, until late in the evening, asked me to show him the result of this test. Must be before work!
    To my question at work the next day on what legal basis this test requires, he said he was sorry but he was worried that someone might have gotten infected (by contacting him in the production hall, wearing a mask and saying hello 4 hours earlier ... so soon probably the virus is not detected, because quarantine would not be needed).
    Also on the WA group he wrote that: "Going forward I will try and organize for everyone to do a test on a Sunday before work each week. Cheers P"
    News from WA group:
    "I need Kris and J ... to do a test before coming into work tomorrow - 21:22"
    "I still need Kris to conduct a test before the start of work tomorrow - 23:13".
    On Friday, July 16th, I am flying home with my wife to Poland for a vacation that we had been planning for a long time (an empty apartment left in November when my mother-in-law died, there are still a few things to do) and today we all received an email from the boss with such a "request" - " Dear All,
    Now we are getting into the holiday season, I wanted to make you ALL aware of the current government requirements: As a company, for any staff member traveling abroad, For our records, we shall require a copy showing that both vaccinations have been administered, which as I understand will also need to be taken with you whilst out of the country.
    Please read the information below, provided by the Government, regarding the requirements before leaving and returning to the UK. "
    I can not find any information anywhere, whether the employer has the right to require such tests, as well as now request a document about the vaccine ??
    I would be very grateful for your help because I am afraid of a conflict with the employer when I ask on what legal basis he demands it, or rather these are his ideas, not the government's.
    Alternatively, where can I find such information?
    My company deals with sandblasting and painting equipment for the oil industry.
    I will add that I am fully vaccinated with my spouse.
    Best wishes
    Krzysztof
    Tags: None

Hi Krzysztof

Hopefully this will help - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-a...virus-covid-19

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/poland/coronavirus

You can use Google to translate it.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, but I am looking for an answer. Can the employer require information about vaccinations (or possibly "the organization of tests as I wrote above") because "he wants to"?
      As for the trip to Poland, I have read all the rules, I follow all the information up-to-date.
      I would simply like to know exactly my rights and obligations towards the employer, I think I know and perform without reservations.
      I've been working for him for a while now, but during a "pandemic" it starts to behave like "my company and I'll do what I like", and it shouldn't be like that.
      He recently stated that although the government may reduce the restrictions, we still have to use masks at work because it will be better that way.

Comment

If you Google - 'does employer need to know about covid vaccinations', a lot of websites come up that will provide the information you seek. Heres a blog - https://www.nelsonslaw.co.uk/employer-covid-19-vaccine/

Lots of employers will continue with COVID rules even after the Government relax rules, because they have a legal responsibility to protect all employees - Health & Safety etc.

Comment

"As a company, for any staff member traveling abroad, For our records, we shall require a copy showing that both vaccinations have been administered"

The employer is not required, in English law, to keep any record of any staff member travelling abroad on the employee's own time. Nor is an employer required, in English law, to require an employee to produce a copy of that employee's vaccination records, whether that employee intends to travel abroad or not.

"which as I understand will also need to be taken with you whilst out of the country." is nonsense, because the regulations for the destination country, may or may not, require proof of vaccination against certain diseases, as a condition of entry e.g. Cholera, Yellow Fever or covid 19. As it happens, the UK does NOT require, as a condition of entry, proof of vaccination against any disease.

Comment

Thank you for the answer .I thought so too, based on what I found on the internet.Therefore, it is hard for me to accept the fact that someone has such "whim" and should do everything within the law, especially the employer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X