• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

National Minimum Wage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Minimum Wage

Hi,

I have complained to the HMRC about underpayment of my wages, it was clear that I was underpaid from the amount of tax I paid. The HMRC tried to contact them and clearly couldn’t however, the business I believe is using the limited company is just being used for other reasons, I can’t say what, however they are threatened with being struck off and then it is stopped. Due to fact they cannot contact the company, the HMRC was unable to find any wrongdoing.

Can anyone suggest a different route I can go to deal with this situation as I do not want to give up on this unfairness? Can I ask for my copies of P60s and taken them to court myself. I have emailed the HMRC asking what evidence they have found to suggest that they are unable to pursue a complaint. I feel that just locking the door and hiding is little excuse for not pursuing the investigation.

Regards
    Tags: None

Are you still employed by the company? I notice you posted back in Jan and given the content of that post I am not sure whether you are. If you are no longer employed how long ago was your termination date?

You should have been provided a P60 for the tax year ending April 2021, even if you left before the end of the tax year this should have been sent to you.

Have you spoken to HMRC about what actions you can now take if HMRC are unable to? Do you know why they could not contact the company, if it has gone into liquidation/administration they should be able to contact the company dealing with this process - just a thought if that is the situation.

Not being sure what the company situation could you make a Subject Access Request for the company to provide you all your payroll information, be very specific about what you believe that covers e.g. payslips, any and all emails/letters regarding your salary etc?

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you for your reply. My job ceased in March 2020, I then claimed universal credit. I made enquiries last month to the HMRC and was told that it was passed to the Serious Non Compliance team to see how to progress. Today I received a letter stating the business has ceased trading, which I don’t believe as I feel it would unearth more problems with the running of the business. I haven’t received a P60 for the year ending 2020. I’m hoping for a reply asking what evidence the HMRC has and after, will ask where I can go from here. Thanks again, advice much appreciated.

Regards

Comment

Your previous employer was obviously paying employers national insurance, had they not been there would have been problems when you claimed universal credit. As the company has allegedly ceased trading maybe you would care to name the company and I’ll check it out for you?

Comment

Yes definitely,

Its MSV International limited.

cheers

Comment

An initial look at Companies House there was a Gazette notice made on 8 June to give 2 months notice 2021 to have the company struck off on 17 June this was temporarily suspended as an objection has been made to the stricking off. Their company accounts and Confirmation Statement are both overdue. I'll try to do some more digging and post back here and EnglandPi will hopefully find some more information as well.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi,

Can I ask for my Subject Access Information of personal information about my P60 and wage slips for the accountant that sent my P45?

regards

Comment

I do not see why not, they will be the holder of your data and as such they would be required to provide the information you have requested in relation to that data.

Comment

Thanks, I’ve sent a request and hopefully they will send all information, I’m hoping that they will have wage slips, which I never received, which would be proof I was underpaid. I have emailed the HMRC asking for proof they’re is no wrong doing, but I yet to receive a reply. I might write a letter and see if I get a response.

Comment

I do know from dealing with HMRC on another matter that there is a bit of delay on them actioning emails / correspondence just so that you are aware.

Comment

According to the last submitted accounts MSV International limited as a company is worth Minus £619,650

Comment

Yeah, but I doubt that these debts will be paid. If the company is still registered with Companies House is it still considered to be trading? I have received information from one of the accountants that was used by MSV but I am waiting for the most recent accountant to pass on my personal information. Plus I’m still waiting from the HMRC as to why they consider there is no wrongdoing by the company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X