• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Tribunal time limit help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribunal time limit help

Hi,

I am hoping someone could please help me with the tribunal time limit dates for discrimination and constructive dismissal.
    Is it one month minus 1 day from the date on the early conciliation certificate? Or Is it the six week early conciliation period (stopped clock) added on to the first limitation date? (and if it is this why do so many websites say 1 month from the certificate date?)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Can you provide:

The date of termination of employment
    Date ACAS Early Conciliation was requested
    Date ACAS issued the certificate.

Many thanks
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi ULA,

Thanks yes,

Date of main Discrimination act 09/03/21
      Forced resignation on 29/03/21 (6 weeks notice period) Last day 06/05/21
      Early conciliation requested 21/04/21
      Early conciliation certificate 02/06/21

Thanks again

Comment

With the date of termination being 6 May 2021 and certificate being given on 2 June 2021 then i believe it will be by 16 September.

However i would advise not to leave it this long if you have decided you want to pursue this matter it is better to get it underway given the backlog at the Tribunal.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice ULA.
          just a question with regards to the discrimination date, do I need to keep to the time limits for that? That was what actually forced me to resign ( hours changed without agreement, even though I had flexible working hours for childcare reasons).

Thank again

Comment

To be on the safe side I would go with 20 July which takes you from the date of discrimination, taking account of the Early Conciliation process.

Comment

Ok, Brilliant thank you!,
              very last question I promise, I'm just worried about the thing I keep hearing about 1 month from the ACAS certificate. Do you know why this would be the case?

Comment

From 1 Dec 2020 the Government changed the one month with an option to extend for 2 weeks if settlement was likely to occur to a 6-week conciliation period for all claims.

The effect of engaging in the Early Conciliation process is that it "stops the clock" in respect of the time limit for bringing a claim. That clock and the limitation period starts again once the Early Conciliation Certificate is issued.

However if you are worried just call ACAS in the morning and confirm with them.

Comment

Thank you so so much for all your help! Your a star!

Comment

Hi,

I have now reached an agreement and am about to sign the COT3 form. Can anyone advise me if I should still file the ET1 form by the due date in case of non payment (I am hoping not as it's more difficult than I expected), or is it safe to consider it all settled now?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comment

Once the terms of a COT3 agreement have been agreed, the employment tribunal will no longer be able to hear your claim, you are effectively precluded from making any future claim in relation to any matters incorporated within that agreement.

If your employer does not make the payment, the first step would be to contact the ACAS conciliation officer who will be able to remind the respondent of their obligations under the COT3 agreement. However, if they still fail to pay, you would then have to enforce the agreement, via the courts, in exactly the same way as an unpaid tribunal award.

Comment

Brilliant, Thank you again ULA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X