• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Tribunal decision query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question as phrased appears to seek clarification. What are your grounds for suggesting that the purpose is different?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The way the question is phrased does make it appear they want clarification. However, the questions that were agreed and that I was asked during the new medical did not cover in great detail how my health health was prior to the detriment. I made comments on how my health was prior and compared it to now, but I didn’t go into a huge amount of detail, which is what I suspect the respondent wants, in order to try and limit a personal injury claim. The only way the expert could answer these new questions in a way that would please the respondent, would be for him to interview me again and write another report.

I find these medicals utterly humiliating and quite distressing due to past medical experiences, something I made my previous employer aware about very early on in this process and I do not think I can face anymore of this.

I have looked over older documents that the respondent has access to, where I state how my health was and what it was like at the time (it has since deteriorated further).

Comment

As I understand it these latter 2 medicals were in relation to the extent of the deterioration in your health due to the treatment of your employer and that you and the respondent agreed the questions that would be asked as part of the assessment appointment.

It would seem that those agreed questions did not adequately or were not clear enough to give the level of medical expert determination in the reports on the extent of the deterioration of your health due to the treatment of you by your employer. Yes, you say you have provided the information but this is your view and with due respect the respondent is entitled to get a medical expert's opinion for clarification on this, if one can be obtained

You need to take into account that, if this is part of the preparation for the remedy hearing, both parties have the right for all pertinent and relevant information to be available to the judge when making a determination on any award.

Have you had it confirmed the medical expert will have to speak with you again or are you just making an assumptions? If the latter, then I would find this out, as the medical expert may have actually gained enough information from you at the last assessment to be able to answer those further questions without the need for a further meeting.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Dear Team, it’s done and dusted, sort of. I was awarded compensation for personal injury, injury to feelings and previous earnings and loss of earnings. The wages are from when I was employed and not paid and for a few months after leaving as I was not in employment.

My understanding is that the wages are taxed, but the others are not as they are compensation due to disability discrimination. I have tried to find an accountant so that I can pay the tax on the wages, but the couple I have spoken to have provided a tax estimate that is far too low from what I remember being discussed in the hearing.

Can you please advise if I need to talk to a lawyer instead of an accountant? Or a lawyer then an accountant? Or an accountant that has experience in employment cases?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Comment

Glad you got an acceptable outcome.

Why spend money on a lawyer or accountant when you could contact HMRC yourself and ask them what you have to do?
            All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X