• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Document disclosure questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Document disclosure questions

Hi all, need to send my document disclosure asap via email and I would like to ask a few questions:
    Does it need to be in a specific format?
    Also, if I include emails, is a screenshot acceptable or do I need to forward the actual email?
    Do I need to disclose documents which I know the respondent already disclosed- like my payslips?
    Can I include comments (like a review or statement) in my disclosure?
    A colleague send me an email describing similar problems at work and attaching her payslips and P45. Can I include any of this?
    And lastly, what can I do if the respondent disclosed forged documents? Can I ask for an order to check the authenticity of the documents?
    ...I would be most grateful if you can help!
    Tags: None

Firstly I presume you are the claimant in which case are you sending your documents over to the respondent who then has the responsibility for creating the bundle for the tribunal
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      Firstly I presume you are the claimant in which case are you sending your documents over to the respondent who then has the responsibility for creating the bundle for the tribunal
      Hello, thank you for your response. That's correct

Comment

As the respondent s putting together the bundle they should index and paginate it, so what the best for you to do is:

1. Create a list of the documents you are sending as a cover sheet.
        2. Documents should be in chronological order.
        3. Depending on how good the screenshot is of the email. It needs to be very clear, nothing chopped off. Remember this is ultimately for the Tribunal so do not make it difficult for the Judge to read. If the screenshot is not good then send a copy of the actual email.
        4. Even if you think the respondent has the document, to be sure, send it anyway.
        5. Not sure what you mean by "Can I include comments (like a review or statement)".
        5. Is your colleague providing a witness statement and prepared to be a witness at the hearing?
        6. Have you questioned the authenticy of the documents with the respondent? If you have not done this, then you will need to do so first.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

As the respondent s putting together the bundle they should index and paginate it, so what the best for you to do is:

1. Create a list of the documents you are sending as a cover sheet.
          2. Documents should be in chronological order.
          3. Depending on how good the screenshot is of the email. It needs to be very clear, nothing chopped off. Remember this is ultimately for the Tribunal so do not make it difficult for the Judge to read. If the screenshot is not good then send a copy of the actual email.
          4. Even if you think the respondent has the document, to be sure, send it anyway.
          5. Not sure what you mean by "Can I include comments (like a review or statement)".
          5. Is your colleague providing a witness statement and prepared to be a witness at the hearing?
          6. Have you questioned the authenticy of the documents with the respondent? If you have not done this, then you will need to do so first.

5. For now my colleague emailed me starting "I have been asked to describe my experiences..." And gives an overall review of our mutual problems as well as her payslips and P45. Will this do for the disclosure? And how do I get a witness statement?
          6.My ET1 was very poorly written when I firstly submitted my claim. Meanwhile I have gathered evidence of discrepancy between my cash-in-hand wages and my payslips which varied monthly, resulting either in underpayment, or tax evading. Moreover, I have evidence that I was never enrolled in a Pension scheme. However not only is mentioned on my payslips, but the respondent disclosed a document with the Pension scheme heading, showing contributions. So it can be nothing but forged.
          Can I disclose a text stating the above? And how do I address to the respondent about these?

Comment

5. Is what your colleague has to say relevant to your case? Are they willing to prepare a witness statement and potentially given evidence on your behalf at the hearing, if not then any documents you want to add in related to this would potentially not be considered by the Tribunal.
            6. You cannot change your ET1 at this stage or the basis of your claim. Does the evidence you have subsequently gathered regarding relate to your claim? Is the pension situation a different matter or part of your original ET1 claim If you have only just uncovered issues in regard to your pension then this can be taken up with the pension regulator.

Comment

5. Is what your colleague has to say relevant to your case? Are they willing to prepare a witness statement and potentially given evidence on your behalf at the hearing, if not then any documents you want to add in related to this would potentially not be considered by the Tribunal.
              6. You cannot change your ET1 at this stage or the basis of your claim. Does the evidence you have subsequently gathered regarding relate to your claim? Is the pension situation a different matter or part of your original ET1 claim If you have only just uncovered issues in regard to your pension then this can be taken up with the pension regulator.
              ... I am still working non-stop trying to complete my disclosure today, and before I continue with my non-stop questioning, I would like to take a moment thank you for your advice so far, it really makes a difference.
              6. I have mentioned the fact that there is no pension contributions in my original claim, but I didn't claim money for that. The calculations for financial compensation in my Acas document were hardly proper. Can I claim the pension money in the schedule of loss that I am preparing now?

Comment

Originally posted by MsDoe View Post

... I am still working non-stop trying to complete my disclosure today, and before I continue with my non-stop questioning, I would like to take a moment thank you for your advice so far, it really makes a difference.
                6. I have mentioned the fact that there is no pension contributions in my original claim, but I didn't claim money for that. The calculations for financial compensation in my Acas document were hardly proper. Can I claim the pension money in the schedule of loss that I am preparing now?
                I also noticed that part of the documents in the Respondent's disclosure they are not mentioned in the List of Documents. Can I refuse to consider them?

Comment

A schedule of loss can always be updated during the tribunal process because circumstances change, in that you may start a job or if you do not then the loss gets greater.

Not sure what your claim is for but if you are claiming unfair dismissal then you can claim for loss of pension benefit from the end of your employment. For pension contributions not paid by your employer whilst employed I think you will have to do this by making a report to the Pensions Regulator.

Disclosure of documents is an ongoing obligation, it does not end when the List of Documents is produced, if new evidence becomes available.

Comment

A schedule of loss can always be updated during the tribunal process because circumstances change, in that you may start a job or if you do not then the loss gets greater.

Not sure what your claim is for but if you are claiming unfair dismissal then you can claim for loss of pension benefit from the end of your employment. For pension contributions not paid by your employer whilst employed I think you will have to do this by making a report to the Pensions Regulator.

Disclosure of documents is an ongoing obligation, it does not end when the List of Documents is produced, if new evidence becomes available.
                    Concerning the authenticity of payslips and pension contributions, do I need to serve the Respondent a N268 Form? It has been more than 7 days from the disclosure but the order for witness statements is in the following September... Did this make any sense?

Comment

The N268 form come into play on the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR). The CPR are not expressly incorporated into the ET Regulations or the ET rules. However, tribunals apply the principles set out in the CPR when following the ET rules.

Given the guidance on when you can serve an N268, if the date for exchange of witness statements is September this year then you have time.

However most payslips are produced via payroll software mangement systems so I am confused as to why you would want to prove their authenticity.

Comment

The N268 form come into play on the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR). The CPR are not expressly incorporated into the ET Regulations or the ET rules. However, tribunals apply the principles set out in the CPR when following the ET rules.

Given the guidance on when you can serve an N268, if the date for exchange of witness statements is September this year then you have time.

However most payslips are produced via payroll software mangement systems so I am confused as to why you would want to prove their authenticity.
                        Again thank you for your answer. My former employer payed me cash in hand daily, less than minimum wage. On my payslips she claims that she paid me in the bank monthly ,as well as that I worked less hours and paid more, plus contributions that she never made, like pension. I have some daily sales papers that prove my point, as well as evidence that there were no pension contributions a.o. Given the fact that she also produced a sheet with supposed pension contributions in her disclosure, I want to dispute all of them and prove that she is also a tax evader and forger, which she is. What steps do I need to take to do that?

Comment

Again thank you for your answer. My former employer paid me daily cash in hand, below minimum wage. On her payslips she claims that she paid me monthly in the bank, that I worked less hours and paid more, plus contributions that she never made, like pension. I have sales papers and pension evidence that prove my point. Since she also produced a sheet supposedly from the pension, I would like to dispute all of them and prove her as tax evader and forger which she is. What legal steps do I have to take to do that?

Comment

Hello, I've trying replying but it does not show my post

Comment

Hello, I've trying replying but it does not show my post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X