• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Restrictive cluses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictive cluses

Hello,
    I have signed a contract with the next clause:
    "be in competition with the Company or any Relevant Group Company"
    I am engineer working for a company that provide financial service but the group company work in more sectors like telecomunications, retail, etc.
    I want to leave my job and look for a new one as engineer and I would like to know how this clause can affect me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by J_r; 8th February 2021, 22:12:PM.
    Tags: None

This full clause would have been helpful rather than this small exert however it potentially means that for the specified period, whatever that is, you (without the detail but I am presuming it says) cannot go and work for a company that is competition with the company your employment contract is with or any other group companies that your company is part of.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      This full clause would have been helpful rather than this small exert however it potentially means that for the specified period, whatever that is, you (without the detail but I am presuming it says) cannot go and work for a company that is competition with the company your employment contract is with or any other group companies that your company is part of.
      Thank you very much ULA for the response,

In full what this clause says is that for a period of time not be in competition with the Company or any Relevant Group Company or be Materially Involved with any Person providing Restricted Products.

so, does this mean that if I am systems engineer and the company provide any systems solution around the world, I can not work as systems engineer for that period of time even if I only worked, for example, for healthcare industry?

Thanks,

Comment

Yes that potentailly could be the pure interpretation of that clause. However although these kind of clauses are designed to protect the legitimate business interests of the company they also need to be reasonable and not too wide in scope.

It may well be that if you took a similar role in a non healthcare industry that you might be ok in regard to this clause. Most of the the clauses also have the ability to speak with your employer and get their approval to any move to an organisation that may be precluded by this clause.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you so much ULA for the information given, knowing this I also check the posibility to move different roles related with my profile in other sectors and getting at this point try to talk with my actual company for its approval.
          In any case I will try to talk with a professional directly in details about my situation to avoid legal issues.
          Thanks again for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X