• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

No Bonus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Bonus

My Daughter has worked for a dental nurse agency for the past 3 years, and will go to all the jobs that nobody else wants to do, and works outside the area and out of hours for her boss. The trouble is, that she has recently discovered that all the other dental nurses employed there have been getting a £1000 bonus every year, and she was left out of the loop, and received nothing Does she have any come-back here, as she seems to be treated differently? Can she get any of this bonus money from her employer, back-dated or otherwise? She is very unhappy at hearing this, and now wants to leave on that basis.
    Last edited by fido69r; 8th December 2020, 22:52:PM. Reason: info update
    Tags: None

Is there anything about a bonus written into her contract of employment?

Has she approached her employer about this?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi Ula and thanks for replying. We know that bonuses are discretional, however I have asked her to look. She says though, that all the contracts are the same, and that at the interview, she was told that extra pay and bonuses would be payed, and that all the other girls have received them. The bonus is 1% after 1 year, 2% after 2 and 3% thereafter. They are currently advertising the job, as she applied, and I have attached a screenshot (Company name ommited) she hasn't mentioned it to the boss yet. Do think she will have any comeback if they dismiss it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	1556840
      Last edited by fido69r; 8th December 2020, 13:35:PM.

Comment

When I managed staff the policy made clear from the start was to tell me about any issues. I couldn't do anything if I didn't know.
        I wonder why she didn't point it out at the end of the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot22 View Post
          When I managed staff the policy made clear from the start was to tell me about any issues. I couldn't do anything if I didn't know.
          I wonder why she didn't point it out at the end of the first year.
          That's what I thought...She did notice, she said...and was giving them time to sort it out...then forgot again, and then it got totally exponged from her temporal lobe. She was reminded about it recently when other staff were talking about it. She is a total scat brain...my Dna...my apologies. Do you think that the company still have a legal obligation to pay it, back-dated?

Comment

That will depend on the details of the bonus scheme. Is there any documentation about the scheme, maybe contained in an office manual?
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
              That will depend on the details of the bonus scheme. Is there any documentation about the scheme, maybe contained in an office manual?
              Yes Ula...It is written in the contract.

Comment

If there is a clause in your daughter's contract that states she will be entitled to an annual bonus which gives details of that scheme and it is not subject to either managment or company discretion, then in the first instance she should raise this informally with her boss.

Although it may be helpful for you to post up the clasue (anonymised for personal or identifying information) so I can double check the validity of it before she does take that course of action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X