• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need a solicitors help with your employment issue you can find and rate firms on our sister site, JustBeagle.com

    You can obtain Free Expert & Confidential ACAS Code Based Employment Law Advice directly from ACAS by calling 0300 123 1100. It is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm. Or visit their website at ACAS.ORG.UK

My bosses Son (work colleague) has been having an affair with my partner.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My bosses Son (work colleague) has been having an affair with my partner.

    I wonder if any one can advise me if I have a case to take my employer to a tribunal, for the last 3 months my employers son has been secretly seeing my long term partner behind my back, we were very good friends and did a lot together socially outside of work, as well as working alongside him as. He was consoling me when my partner left me last week as a mate, to then find out it was him that she has left me for. My boss (his father) and his brother also work with me as It is a family run business and it seems they all knew about it, as you can imagine I am in bits and feel completely humiliated, hurt & angry by this situation they have now put me in where i could potentially lose my job & home from something that has been caused by them. I have been signed off work by my GP for 3 weeks (ongoing) with stress. I just cant see how I can return to work with the conflict and stress this is and will continue to cause me, but I am left with rent & bills to pay and 2 children to support. My boss has not even called to see if I am ok, all I have had is a text message saying when will I be back to work as they need me in. Please can anyone help?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hello, its not quite clear from what you've said but just to clarify, are you asking if you are able to bring a tribunal claim against your employer because the son of the boss had an affair with your partner? Or is there something else?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.


    • #3
      Hi Rob, Yes I am wondering if I can bring a tribunal claim.


      • #4
        Unfortanately if as rob has stated you want to bring a tribunal claim because the son of the boss had an affair with your partner then I am sorry to say this would not be a valid claim to make. I cannot see on what basis your employer can be held responsible for the actions of two adults regardless of whether one of them happens to be the bosses son.

        Unless there is something else that you have not explained to us.
        I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

        You canít always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

        You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

        If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page


        • #5
          Deplorable as their behaviour has been I can't see any grounds for a claim. Only if their behaviour to you at work had been such that you could claim constructive dismissal could there be,imo, a cause for action.
          All I can suggest is trying to rebuild your life. Go back with your head held high and do a good job. You haven't cheated on anybody. Very Best Wishes.


          • #6
            Thank you all for the responses, The Son is my work colleague who I have to work with on a daily basis and this is causing me stress and conflict in the work place.


            • #7
              Easy for me to say. Stand your ground, no need for aggression in the workplace. If it's stressful for you he should feel the same. Repeat to yourself Im not giving up my job for you.


              View our Terms and Conditions

              LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

              If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

              If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



              Employment Law

              Are you having problems with your employer ? Unfair Dismissal, Redundancy, Problems with Pay, Contract Issues, TUPE etc.
              See more
              See less

              Court Claim ?

              Guides and Letters

              Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

              Find a Law Firm