• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Threat of disciplinary action from employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threat of disciplinary action from employer

Good morning,
    i work for a large company in Suffolk and have done for an extended period. My job involves training plant operators and has done with no issues for several years. With the Covid hitting in March all training in dual seat cabs was suspended immediately for very good reasons. Due to operational pressures it was decided to continue with in cab training with certain measures put in place ie PPE. I have an underlying condition which means that for the last 15 years or so i have had to have the Flu jab annually. Now according to my employer this is not an "extremely" high level of risk to my health but i would argue it is a "significant" risk. I have had an informal meeting with a senior manager about this issue and he says that the risk factor is negligible and is offset by PPE, we agreed to disagree and i would give it some further thought whilst on leave. One of my work colleagues gave me a heads up that i am scheduled to start in cab training tomorrow which is my first day back at work. I have had no communication from work during my leave to say that they were going to do this, in fact i was under the impression that more consultation would be undertaken with myself, safety and management prior to finding a resolution to this problem. It feels very much like a form of ambush tactic is being employed with the endgame being " i refused to carry out a reasonable request from an officer of the company" or i am in breach of my contracted role. Now i have never refused an order from any of my work management team for all of my time with the company and could never envisage an eventuality where i would. Now i suspect i'm not on the firmest ground legally speaking but with significant rises in cases of new infections nationally is there any grounds to say that the company is not treating employees individual cases and concerns fairly.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

So get your doctor to say you are vulnerable

Comment

Back in March where you notified by NHS that you were in a clinically extrememly vulnerable category and therefore had to shield? At the moment this category according to the .gov website have been advised that they can go to work as long as the workplace is Covid secure, so you need to ensure that the company is following the relevant guidelines set out for your industy sector.

One suggestion would be that you ask your company to carry out an occupational health assessment based on your medical condition and the work environment that you are being asked to operate in. That way the requirement to carry out training in dual seat cabs will be assessed against your medical condition and your employer will be advised on any risk factors that need to be mitiagated in order for you to be able to work safely in your job or they may be advised that you have to undertake other activities to ensure you are working in a Covid secure environment.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Please don't be fooled by the alleged risk levels the government are pumping out on a daily basis with their "planned" second wave. I'd suggest the first thing to do to perhaps give you more peace of mind, would be to go to the ONS website and look at the deaths recorded "with" Covid 19 in the month of July in your region. In my region of approx 250K population, there was not even one single death registered "with" Covid 19, that's the official number according to the government. August and September figures aren't available yet as they're still fixing them but you can assume them to be no different to July. Please do not be fooled by mainstream media reports blowing it out of all proportion, if this is partly what's worrying you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X