• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Ambiguous Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume that you have been provided with a certificate number from ACAS, without this you will not be able to pursue an ET claim.

Is your claim based on an unlawful deduction of wages?

Just as a point of reference what is contained in your contract of employment, if anything, about deduction from wages on termination for monies owed to the employer by the employee, including but not limited to, any excess holiday, training etc? If so it would be useful to see what it says alongside the agreement which you have already provided for this specific training.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi
      yes you are correct, I have received a certificate from ACAS and the claim is based on unlawful deduction of wages.

I have copied and pasted below the part of my contact which mentions deductions..

Many thanks

6.4. By signing this Agreement, you hereby confirm and agree that, without prejudice to any other remedy, the Company may deduct from your Salary, or any other sums
      payable to you, any monies due from you or which you owe the Company. This
      includes but is not limited to:

(a) any fines or charges incurred due to your use of any Company vehicle and/or
      any fuel costs for personal mileage;

(b) any costs due to your negligent loss or damage of Company equipment or
      property and/or your failure to return any Company equipment or property
      upon request;
      (c) any expenses or costs that the Company has incurred on your behalf and that
      you have agreed to repay on the termination of your employment (for example,
      training or relocation costs); and/or
      (d) any overpayment of Salary, expenses, holiday taken but not accrued.

Comment

Thanks for the information I requested.

Ok so the employer is going to argue that they had the right to deduct the money because of both the training agreement that you signed and this clause 6.4 (c) in your contract of employment.

Your best defence is going to be that the terms of the training agreement are not clear since the clawback on the training would only occur if you did not complete a certain number of shifts in the twelve month period from the end of the training which were never defined.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you for all your help. I opened a case with the employment tribunal. But before it went ahead my employer contacted ACAS again and agreed to settle and give me my money back.
          i can't thank you enough for your help. I would not have been able to do this without you

Comment

Hi Mikef8619 thank you so much for coming back to update us and great to hear that the company has agreed to pay the money back. Glad we were able to help you.

If I could trouble you, if you have the time, would you leave a review on our Trust Pilot page - the link is in my signature below?

Many thanks and I wish you all the best.

Comment

Done
              I can't thank you enough for your help.
              Take care and keep up the amazing work

Comment

Thank you for your kind words on the review. It means a lot and does give us all at LegalBeagles a boost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X