• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspended pending investigation and disciplinary hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended pending investigation and disciplinary hearing

I have been suspended from work pending an 'Investigation' with a disciplinary hearing next week.

The reason being is, I am being accused of fraudulently claiming 2 hours overtime. I did the work on the day that was agreed and was told by my manager that I could take my time with it as it is not something I'd done before. I explained that I have received no training and have no experience doing this particular task. I asked for help from other people from around the company and started to get to grips with what I was asked to do.

I submitted my overtime form on the 18th June which was then reviewed by my manager and authorised.

Yesterday, I received a call from my manager and HR stating that I have fraudulently claimed 2 hours of the overtime and there was a lack of evidence any work was completed. I explained that I had to basically go through scraps of information from various different people from around the business and I had no idea that I needed to document every second of the time I was working. I though this because my manager had told me to take my time and that he understood that I was out of my comfort zone with this and that I could ask for help etc.

I am now being accused of Gross misconduct which is a dismissal offence!!! I have never ever had any kind of disciplinary against me in my entire 20+ year working career. I am completely committed to my work and throughout my time at the company have received nothing but praise from people within and external to the business.

I feel that my manager simply lead me into a trap and I am being punished for sticking my neck out and trying to help.

Since the lock down, my company placed us on 80% working hours but forced us to do 200% more work. This has resulted in many staff members having to work into the night unpaid just to keep up.

What they are doing to me is absolutely unfair, I have done nothing wrong but complete emotionless manager has become a robot and will not speak to me in any kind of human way.

Due to the coronavirus, I've lost my home so I am incredibly stressed and depressed then to add to that pressure of having to uproute my wife and 2 children I've been hit with this from the company I work for.

Please can anyone help me or offer any kind of assistance, or at least point me in the direction of where I can get assistance.

Tags: None

Does this relate to your other thread? If so I will merge the two threads as it makes it easier in providing advice to take everything into consideration.

Do you know how they have come up with the two hour figure and how does this compare to the amount of time you actually claimed?

Did you complete the task and if so would this be evident to your manager?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X