• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy without notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy without notice

Last July I was made redundant 1 hour before I was supposed to finish work. No notice nothing just handed a letter stating I was being redundant. Shocked to say the least I was told to clear my desk with no explanation. I asked for details in an email asking why this had happened I got an emailed letter back stating loads of lies like I had been offered other positions within the company but I refused them. Long story short I have taken them to tribunal I have a hearing this Thursday over the phone. Any tips as I am representing myself I feel I was unfairly dismissed as my job still exists. My ex boss purchased the company in 2017 and is refusing to acknowledge TUPE I worked there for 6 years. They also refused to give a reference to my new employer stating I was untrustworthy as I was taking them to ET
    Tags: None

stick to facts of the case and have all the letters etc from employer with you as reference in any response from yourselves, I wonder if they call it a day just prior to the tribunal as happened to me by a very large department store, and conceded they had no case, (But if they do remember to only agree compensation + any cost added if you have made any for the case?)

Might be a good idea :- you to make a diary of events by date/time of what happened including responses to refer when questioned, the way it went (I was in person those days not telephone one) the other side state their case and then you respond ,

Comment

I have everything written down. They won't concede as they believe they are in the right and refuse to acknowledge TUPE. I only worked for this employer for 18 months but the company for 6 years, he changed the company name. Never gave us contracts and said our employment would start from the date he took over. He asked me to do a Transport Manager course which I didn't pass which cited as a reason for my redundancy, if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. The redundancy letter was so ridiculous!!*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X