• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

i faced redundancy during corona Virus store closing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i faced redundancy during corona Virus store closing

On the 2 of March i was transfered from a store to another after my request since it's closer to the place Am staying in, because of the corona virus the company had to close all of their branches.* * * * * * * * * *On the second**31 of March, I was contacted by area manager saying that i won't be eligible for payment since I was employed after the 28 of*february. I would also like to bring to your attention that i have been working for this chain of restaurent since january 2019. Now am left without a job or source of income
    Tags: None

Hi, sorry to hear about your situation.

Can i just ask do you know whether the company is putting its staff on furlough as a result of having to close down due to COVID19?
    Where you on the payroll of the company on 28th February?
    Do you have a contract of employment that confirms your starting date with the company in January 2019?

If you can provide the answers to the questions that would be great as I will be better able to help you. In order to do that you will need to register which is easy and quick to do. You do not need to give any personal information except an email address which is used to alert you to responses being made on this thread.*
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hello, Thank you for your answer, 1/yes the other staff are now onfurlough 2/ as i used to work in a different branch (which owned by a different company let's call it A) i had payroll from the company A, but after being transfering to branch owned by campany B on the 2 march i still haven't got any payroll from them 3/yes i do have contract of employment i was given after i started working in the first branch store //just to be clear the store chain name is xxx sorry i can't skip the line cause it writes automatically some weaird signs thanks in advance
      Last edited by ULA; 2nd April 2020, 17:45:PM.

Comment

Thank you for the answer to the questions. I have just edited your post to take out the name of the store you work for to keep your information anonymous.

The chain is a franchise operation and I am presuming from what you have said each branch or group of branches is owed by a different franchisee.

Are you waiting for or have been given a new contract from franchise company B?

Did you have to resign from Company A before transferring to Company B?

Were you on the payroll of franchise company A on 28 February?
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi Ula thanks again for the response. yes you are correct each branch or is owed by a different franchisee. 2/yes i did get a contract when i started working with company B after the my transfer. 3/No i did not had toresign from Company A before transferring to Company B. 4/Yes I were on the payroll of franchise company A on 28 February

Comment

Sorry for all the questions but your answers have really helped me understand your situation better.

There is a possible solution, if company A have put their staff on furlough by using the support of the government job retention scheme then you could go back to this employer and ask if they would put back on their payroll while we are in this situation.* They would be able to do this as you were already on their payroll at 28 Feb. If they agreed then you would be able to get paid 80% of your salary up to a max of £2,500.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X