• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Variation of contract due to Coronavirus situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variation of contract due to Coronavirus situation

Hello,*
    I started my work as reprographic assistant *but after 4 months have been helping out with reception duties. My rota was Monday and Tuesday reception and the rest of the week repro. After a year and half I have been informed that I will be permanently moving to Reception without optio to to keep my current position. I didn't like the idea, however I have been offered a bit more money hence I agreed. Ai have received annotation to my contract that from now on I will be working as Receptionist. A few days ago my manager came to me and informed that due to Coronavirus I will be helping out in reprographic office as there isn't enough work at reception and that this is only a temporary move and that we should do everything to be indispensable. I said that I dint like it that it is only me that have been singled out and moved to work there. There are 3 other people at reception sitting comfortably on their chairs while I'm scanning post and bundles, which is not a rocket science and any of us could be doing this job of we should be taking turns. Tgefe are other departments in my firm and none of other people have been asked to move departments apart from me. I cannot imaging someone from the records team or post room team to move to repro office. The answer would be bluntly it is not my duty or in my job description. Am I the only one that thinks I haven't been treated fairly as my contract isn't for multi services assistance? Also taking into account the current*social distancing measures proposed by the government, the repro office is really confined space with 5 people working in close proximity and nothing has been done about this.*
    Please can someone advise me on this? * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Many thanks in advance! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Alicia*
    Tags: None

Hello,*
    Often job descriptions in the contracts are not exhaustive lists and it's not illegal for your manager to ask you to take on additional tasks. Since it's only temporary, it could be in your best interest to take on those duties to show your manager you're a team player. If you feel like you're being singled out because of a protected characteristic e.g your race, gender, age, religion, disability or sexual orientation you should discuss it with HR. If you feel uncomfortable working in confined spaces, giving the social distancing recommendations, you should bring this up with your manager to see what/if any adjustments can be made.
    I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X