• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Do I have a case against my former employer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a case against my former employer?

Here are the facts:

- Until August 2019, I was a teacher in a state maintained primary school. I had been there for two years.
    - In May 2019 I went off sick with mental health problems, and was referred by my GP for an ASD diagnosis.
    - In November 2019 I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.
    - During my time in the role I was offered no support from senior leaders, and was treated poorly by the rest of the staff (humiliation etc).
    - I am currently unemployed, and still have MH issues relating to anxiety, confidence etc.

Do I have a case for constructive dismissal against the employer (the local authority)?

Tags: None

Sorry I just need to ask a few questions to get some more information.

Did you resign or where you dismissed?
    If you resigned did you did you make any genuine effort to resolve your concerns with your employer before resigning?
    When did you exactly end your employment as you only have 3 months less a day in which to be able to pursue a claim?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      Sorry I just need to ask a few questions to get some more information.

Did you resign or where you dismissed?
      If you resigned did you did you make any genuine effort to resolve your concerns with your employer before resigning?
      When did you exactly end your employment as you only have 3 months less a day in which to be able to pursue a claim?
      Hi Ula, thanks for your response.

1) Resigned

2) No because I was signed off sick, and the circumstances were such that there wasn't a great deal they could have done. If people are laughing at you/making fun of you, then it's easily deniable. In subsequent conversations with my former leader, she said "I knew something wasn't right. I was worried about your mental health. I wasn't sure what it was"

3) August 31st, 2019.

Comment

Well you do still have time to start the process for making a claim via ACAS and the early conciliation process as the first stage.

However constructive dismissal claims are very hard to prove and the onus is on the employee to prove their case. You would need to show a fundamental, very serious, breach by the employer of your contract of employment, which caused you soon after the singular event or, if there were a serious of events, soon after the most recent of them that you had no alternative but to resign. Also a tribunal will normally expect that the person has tried to resolve the matter through the grievance procedure first before resigning.

I would therefore suggest that you think very carefully about proceeding with a claim, as doing so can be very stressful. If you still then think you want to proceed go and get some initial professional legal advice just to get a view as to whether your claim is likely to be successful given how few constructive dismissal claims are upheld.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Okay thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X