• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Unclear allegations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unclear allegations

Hi

i am looking for advice on a disciplinary at work.

I submitted a grievance following a failure to provide reasonable adjustments due to my disability for over a year. Bullying, harassment and victimisation from my line manager. Loss of annual leave whilst certificated as sick.

i attended an in total grievance meeting and provided over 500 pages of evidence and it was agreed that my line manager had been bullying me and would now be investigated for bullying harassment and victimisation. My annual leave was reinstated immediately and my reasonable adjustments were put in place.

The issue sue I have is that on the day I submitted my grievance, a disciplinary was put against me.
    i have been accused of the following

in appropriate, undermining, insubordinate and derogatory behaviour towards your line manager in conversation with colleagues
    a serious breach of confidence and trust
    failure to adhere to the trusts behavioural framework and values.

I had not been at work for 6 months when the allegations were made and I’m now being asked to make a statement giving my evidence and my side of the story.
    the issue I have is that I have no idea what exactly they’re accusing me of as they’ve not given specific examples of my alleged behaviour.
    i have never spoken badly against anyone at work and I am shocked that I’m being investigated under the formal stage 2 disciplinary policy. There was no informal route taken and I have never had any blemishes on my 17 year career.

are they able to do this please? What right do I have for the details of the actual time/date and specific behaviour I’ve allegedly displayed? Also I don’t even know who these ’colleagues’ are.
    it seems tit for Tat really I’ve put a grievance so they’re putting a disciplinary
    Tags: None

When did you raise your grievance and when we this heard?

Also it would be interesting to know when the allegations took place, when you went off sick and then when you returned. I am just trying to get a timeline of when events happened.

Have you been invited to attend a disciplinary meeting? If so contained within that documentation should have been all the evidence they are going to rely on to support the allegations, from what you have said I would expect to have seem some witness statements from colleagues regarding the conversations and details of when you failed to adhere to the
    trusts behavioural framework and values. It would be against this evidence that you would then be able to prepare your defence.

If you have not yet been formally invited to attend a meeting then what I have detailed above about the evidence should be contained within that letter.

However if you could let me know the dates of events that would be really helpful.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi I raised my grievance on 29:8:19 and I had been off since March awaiting reasonable adjustments. The grievance was heard 16:9:19 and the outcome was that my line manager would be taken to a stage 2 formal for bullying harassment and victimisation. This investigation is ongoing.
      the disciplinary was raised 30:8:19 and as yet no meeting has been arranged I’ve had a letter detailing the above allegations on 30:8:19 and now received another letter dated 27:9:19 asking for a statement of events from my side. After the statement they will decide whether a meeting will be held for me to give my evidence to the investigating officer before a hearing is set.
      i have asked for details times and who the colleagues are but my request for information was denied.
      i am unsure how to write a statement now with no idea what I’m being accused of

hopethis makes sense

Comment

Thank you for the information on the date off events.

So it sounds like at the moment they are at the investigation stage and have not decided whether to take disciplinary action. However in order for you to put a statement together then you need some details as to the alleged events. Even if they do not want at this stage to provide details of the colleagues they need to give you details of dates/times these events supposedly took place, particular if you are not aware of such a situation otherwise it will be very difficult for you to provide a statement.

What reason did they give for not providing the information?
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

They just said at the time they were gathering statements at to use in the investigation and I’ll be informed out the outcome. Now they’re asking for a my statement. I have replied to say that I am unaware of the alleged events and I will be happy to provide a statement if they can give me details such as when/where and what I allegedly did so that I can provide one. I am waiting to see if they will now release further information to me.
          It seems strange that I’ve been under investigation for over a month and they still have not given me details of what I’ve allegedly done.

Comment

You request is perfectly valid in my opinion as without the information you will not be able to provide a statement which would make the process of the investigation unfair.

The length of time from informing you of an investigation with no details being provided to you is strange but then I am never ceased to be amazed at how long some companies seem to take to work through these situations.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X