• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy, Tribunal Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!

Just before finishing with the company, I attended one of their offices to train some staff in part of my (now ex) job role... before travelling I asked when expenses would be paid as I was being made redundant and couldn't afford to wait. They told me it would be paid by bacs straight away... it has now been over 3 weeks, they keep saying it has been escalated and will be paid ASAP but wont say when... what are my options?

Thanks!

Comment

I suggest that you write to them and give them 7 days to make the payment and state that if the payment is not made you will be making a claim against them for the unpaid expenses.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Is it okay to do that even though I'm in early conciliation or should I seek to my acas advisor first?

Comment

Sorry i was not aware you now had an ACAS advisor appointed in which case, yes by all means speak to them first about this.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I've raised early conciliation via ACAS and I'm about 2 weeks into the process. I've today had an email asking me to meet them for an appeal meeting, even though they're referring to an email I sent on 2nd August and I've already left the business. Do I need to attend this or does it now go to ACAS? Thanks!

Comment

If I was being cynical I would say they are trying to recover a situation. Writing to you to attend an appeal meeting 7 weeks after you raised the appeal and are no longer an employee and now knowing that you have raised a claim seems like "closing the gate after the horse has bolted". I would say as you are no longer an employee you are not obliged to attend but just check with your ACAS advisor.

Comment

As part of the early conciliation process I have agreed to a meeting with the company. They have attempted to call it an appeal but I've advised I will attend a meeting to reach a resolution but not an appeal which they accept.

They are advising I can ONLY be accompanied by an employer or trade union. The meeting is 2 hours away from the office so it isnt suitable to ask someone to attend. I've asked to be attended by a local companion not related to the company but they have declined this, are they allowed to?

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately yes, unless there is a special circumstance such as a language issue, or a disability that requires a family member or friend in a supportive capacity then an employer can decline such a request.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X