• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Use of Identity after employment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of Identity after employment

Hi All

Hoping you can help

I started work for a questionable company a number of months ago (back in March 2019)

I left after 5 weeks (April 2019) due to the lack of direction and unprofessionalism in the office and its running

I have recently checked the website (August 2019) and they have my name, image etc plastered all over the site as if I still work there

What legal grounds do I have to pursue a claim to sue or the easier latter, law or legislation that they should remove my image.

If I have signed something for use of my image, how can I bypass this?

Thanks
    Last edited by 1989; 15th August 2019, 15:14:PM.
    Tags: None

What did your contract state about images of you and the company's use of them during and after your employment?

Depending on that, if they have no contractual clause that allows them continued use of images I would just write to them and ask them to remove them. More specifically since you no longer work for the company it is not appropriate that they still have your name appearing since there is the implication that you are still working for them, which you are not.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi ULA

Thanks for the response. I am unsure of the exact wording but they have explained after asking, there I no specific amount of time stated. It’s very bluntly worded so I’m sure this would as you say make use of my image null and void.

Will keep updated with any movement
      regards
      E
      Last edited by 1989; 22nd August 2019, 11:56:AM.

Comment

Hi all

The company has removed my name and most images from their site. However they’ve still left images of me on certain places of the site. (Possibly out of spite)

I’ve had my local MP contact them and also filed a complaint with ICO about them removing my image.

is there anything I can further do now or say to force this happening faster, I don’t want them using my image after only 5 weeks employment. Now they’re just being what seems difficult “on purpose”

Hope someone can offer further help to end this

Thank you

Comment

If you have made a complaint to the ICO then they will be the final sanction.

I am not sure in the meantime what else you can do to force them to take the remaining images off other than maybe write to them and say that following the various requests from you and your MP and that you have raised a complaint to the ICO that you require them having removed some images to remove the remainder and provide links to where they are? Add in that if they are refusing to action your request you would like an explanation as to why they will not remove the remaining images.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi ULA

Thank you for all the assistance with this. I am still have trouble getting them removed and have yesterday stated a 14 day removal time limit. The clause I purposely signed states no date or time limit to use my image, not does it state that my image can be used after employment.

I am am wondering if I can submit a non negotiable fee in writing for use of my image everyday that it is still on their website? Sorry if this is a silly question

Comment

Conversely does the clause state that images will not be used after you have left the company's employment?

I would wait and see whether they respond to your 14 day removal time.

My thought (since your final point is no longer an employment one and outside may area of expertise) is do not start on a course of action for which pursuing them for payment, if they did not pay, could end up costing you court fees etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X