• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

I don't understand mail from Employment tribunal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand mail from Employment tribunal

Hi. I had problems with payment from employer so I made claim on Employment tribunal. I submitted ET1 form. Employment tribunal sent me a reply, but I am not sure what the written text means, because it is written in the legal language:
    "Case Management Order

The Claimant shall by no later than 4 weeks from date of this letter set out in writing to the Respondent what remedy the Tribunal is being asked to award. The Claimant shall include any evidence and documentation supporting what is claimed and how it is calculated. The Claimant shall bring a copy of such evidence and documentation to the Hearing."

Does it means that I shall send letter to my respondent employer and ask them for evidence for tribunal what I missing, alike payslips?
    But what if my employer will ignore my mail and they don't send me what I asked for? Because this employer didn't answer me for my email lately.
    Thanks for help

Tags: None

Sorry just need to back-track a bit has your employer submitted an ET3 form which you would have got a copy of and is their response to your ET1?

When you submitted your ET1 did you complete section 9.2? I am thinking that maybe you did not given the email from the Tribunal.

What the tribunal is asking you to do within 4 weeks of the letter is send to your employer what you are looking for in compensation or as a solution to the problem. Also they need to be sent all documentation that you have to prove your case of the problem with payments and with details of the amount being claimed and how you have calculated the amount.

I am guessing if you have had a problem with payments are you either claiming for an unlawful deduction of wages that is money was taken from your wages without your agreement or are you claiming you have not had wages paid.

A little more information may help me give you some more guidance.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
      I understand, because I didn't complete section 9.2 properly they asking me bring this evidence - payslips.
      I made ET1 claim because my employer owes me money for my wages for while period I worked for this company,which was 7 months. I had problems with open bank account at start, this employer paid me just part of a debt.
      ​​​​​
      I get email from Employment Tribunal that they receive my claim and Hearing will be 3 September, one hour.
      I didn't get copy from employer ET3 yet.
      But what I can do, if I missing any payslips I should ask for them my employer, of course. But if this employer don't give me this payslips because is hard communicate with them.

Comment

What you need to do is write/email your employer requesting copies of your missing payslips and ask then to be provided to you within 7 days.

If at that point you have not received them then you can email the Tribunal enclosing a copy of the correspondence sent to your employer and state that you have not had a response, provide details of why you need the payslips to support your claim and ask if they make an order for disclosure on your employer. When you send the email to the Tribunal you must also send a copy of it to your employer.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you, you help me

Comment

Awwh thank you. Anything else then please just post on this thread and we can continue to help you.

Comment

Can I ask another question?
              I send email to my employer and asked for payslips within 7 days. But they didn't send me nothing, they even didn't answer me. And they still didn't send ET3. They have 2 weeks for sending ET3.
              But I have my own evidence, I made pictures of clock in, clock out hours I worked. I hope this will be enough. And I have another documents prooving that I worked for this company.
              But I don't know, how I should write this email to Tribunal. Just how many hours I worked or I should calculate my wages, and I don't know that my calculation will be right. I have 2 weeks for sending email Tribunal asked what remedy I request.
              My employer seems to be angry on me, but I am sure they know what they are doing, they maybe hope I will do any mistake. If they don't send ET3, I must use just my own evidence what I have.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

So I understand that your employer is still within the 28 day time period to submit the ET3 so there is nothing you can do at the moment on whether or not they will send in an ET3.

On the issue of what you are owed then I think to make sure you get the response back to the Tribunal in time then you will have to calculate what you are owed from the pictures of clock in/clock out hours and your hourly rate of pay. Do you have bank statements with what your employer has paid you? The difference between the two will be the main part of your claim compensation.

If your employer does submit an ET3 then there will be time for you and them to request of each other documents that you want to have to help your case. For you that will be your payslips. If on a further request for these they do not get provided by your employer then you can apply to the Tribunal to make and Order for your employer to provide them to you.

Comment

Can you help me again, please. I did send to employment tribunal how much I request for my remedy. My respondent send his ET3 last day of deadline. Employment tribunal sent this response from him to me 17 day later. I am happy for this response because respondent agreed with everything I said. This owed amount he admit to me is smaller, but I can agree with this.
                  He wrote in his defend:
                  "We are happy to reconcile via Acas or to engage directly with these Claimant to resolve this matter amicably".
                  What is means?
                  But I don't know what I could do, if I want reconcile before tribunal hearing.
                  Because this is last week before hearing when ET delayed this response from him.
                  Can I contact Acas or my Conciliator directly? Or respondent?
                  Thank you

Comment

If you already have an ACAS conciliator then you should contact them. I would not suggest that you contact the respondent directly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X