• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Terminated - Appeals Next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Terminated - Appeals Next

I’m starting this thread for advice on the appeals stage of the process. I have 2 appeal stages before the pay finally stops. Top onsite union guy, and then regional guy. Then the union will ‘make a decision’ on if they will support a tribunal claim. I don’t hold much hope of that based on past experience, so I’ll be prepared.

So today I got terminated on capability grounds due to some muskoskeletal conditions, and other logged conditions, that my employer perceives to be much worse than I’d agree with.

I never left my original role due to these conditions. I left my original role due to a mental health issue caused by my employer not dealing with a grievance in a timely manor. This ended up taking over 2 years to conclude, and is mentioned consistently in my works, & own GP medical history, as a barrier to returning. It is also mentioned by HR numerous time as a barrier to me returning to work in a certain area. I returned with the assurance Id be kept away from the area of the ongoing grievance, but they didn’t keep their end. When I enquired why I’ve not been moved out of this area, I was told I’d have to ‘exhaust the job search process in hall 1 first’

So, in hall 1 (we have about 4 halls), I turned down 10 jobs, stating various reasons for not being capable just to get out of there, as it was a pressure cooker for me to still be in there with the ongoing grievance. This was between Jan-March 2018. I make a written request to leave hall 1 as it’s not good for my mental health. It’s ignored!!

April 2018 - GP refers me for assessment for Adult ADHD. I inform works OH. Assessed. Awaiting trial medication after confirmation by NHS psychiatrist.

March 2018 - I could not take being back to square, I went to see my GP who signs me off. I was suffering anxiety, later diagnosed by a psychiatrist, and at my own expense.

All of this time I’m with OH, who also agree this is a barrier and needs a conclusion.

May 2018 - Found out via a SAR, my employer sent their investigators trying to find out about my part time job. (Taxi)

June/July 2018 - SAR again. They are trying to arrange meetings to see what car I’m driving, and I feel trick me into saying it’s the ADHD medication wait that is keeping me off work, and not the work related stress issues. It was the work stress for the record.

Sept 2018 - Up to this point, they are eager to get me back in. At my own expense, I arrange for a private psychiatrist, and are officially diagnosed with ADHD. Medicated.

Oct 2018 - Diagnosed Anxiety by psychiatrist. Medicated.

Nov 2018 - Grievance over. (Over 2 years!) HR head admitted in minutes had this been acted on soon, is not be here. I want to return. They advise seeing their Dr.

I send an email to HR and tell them now I am medicated for anxiety & ADHD, I feel anxiety was a major barrier to me accepting jobs in hall 1, and that I’m now open to working in there again. I felt I’d used my physical conditions to attempt get out of Hall 1. I now know anxiety was the real barrier.

Dec 2018 - Dr & GP declare me fit. Their Dr with the same restrictions I’d told them I’d used as excuse to turn down jobs...

My union rep told them he felt that the unresolved grievance, and undiagnosed anxiety, was the barrier, and that I’d be happy to revisit some of those jobs. He manager said no anxiety is on my capability sheet, so won’t take that into account, and dismissed me on capability.

So my defence will be approx 20 pages of internal work data where various HR & medical staff state that the ongoing grievance is a major hurdle for me. This corroborates the fact I turned down 10 jobs.

There is more, but trying to keep it simple...

(MOD, maybe delete the other thread as it has now passed)

Tags: None

Just to add, the ADHD does make me very impulsive. If you’ve followed my other threads, you will maybe understand

Comment

Okay, so thanks for the help....but I'll update anyway as any advice is still welcome...

I have my Acas EC Certificate

I have a meeting on Monday, a final appeal

Today I paid for some legal advice from a firm I've successfully used previously. This was to get advice before filling out the ET1.

His opinion based on what I told him was 65% change of success. And if I back up my claims, which I will with evidence, that will rise.

Starting estimation is 27k upwards

Unfair Dismissal - Procedure was a sham
      - Procedure not followed

Disability Discrimination - Less favourable treatment
      - Failure to make reasonable adjustments

Perceived DD I may add too as we spoke about it, but didn't get to finish the convosation

Comment

Just throwing an update in even though nobody replied to it initially as it may help someone in the future.

I have an experienced Employment Lawyer, & an experienced discrimination Barrister.*

5 day trial booked for early next year.

Dismissal arising from Disability**

Direct Discrimination

Victimisation*

Unfair Dismissal*

+25% for breaching ACAS Guildlines (plus their own Code of Conduct)

Respondent conceded my disability for EA 2010*

Conceded disability caused 18 month absence broken over 2 years*

Conceded that their lack of action caused the 18 months absence*

Conceded to the 2 protected acts I done which started all of this

Comment

Thank you for the update. Looks like the respondent has conceded on a number of points which is helpful for your claim.*
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X