• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Harassed by manager's partner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassed by manager's partner?

Hi! Just hoping someone might be able to advise me regarding a situation I have at work.

I work in a kitchen of a chain pub (think wetherspoon or mcmullen) and have done so for over 6 years. My manager and their partner live-in upstairs.

The partner does not work for the company he just lives there and he works elsewhere. He is a regular drinker at the bar, and has a habit of getting very drunk and proceeding to come into the kitchen and hurl verbal abuse at myself and other staff members. There is no physical violence, however he can be quite aggressive and it is beginning to make several staff uncomfortable to work when he is around. This has happened several times now over several months and upon discussion with the manager it is apparent that she is not prepared to do anything as it is her partner.

Unfortunatley this has gotten to a stage now where myself and several others have become quite uncomfortable when he is around and would rather that he keeps out whilst we are working, and being her partner the manager is unwilling to address the issue and allows him to continue as he pleases.

Myself and the other staff have no issue with the manager herself, besides her reluctance to address the issue, so my question now is what might the best way forward? And would I be within my rights to have him barred like they would if a customer behaved in a similar manner as he does not work there I assume he would be regarded as a customer?

Of course, he still lives upstairs and it is not our goal to get him kicked out, we just want to be left to work in peace. He can access the apartment without having to interact with the staff.

Any advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

He not being a member of staff would not be insured if an accident occurred in the kitchen.

1. Tell him to leave and explain as to why.
    2. Ensure that the manager is aware before taking the above action.
    3. Each person is responsible for Health and Safety and an intoxicated person in the kitchen is a danger.

Comment

If it's a pub chain, blow the whistle on him!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X