• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Work accident compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work accident compensation

Hi all.

i was involved in a car accident while on site (away from office), this resulted in some damage to my spine (coccyx bone)
    now since then i have been moved to a different department and feel i am victimized and even my pay-rise massively reduced to 0.4% from 2.4% previous year.
    Now, since they i am being treated like that i am thinking about legal ways to demand compensation.

I am worried that if i take that route, i will end up with no job
    i need advice, do i even have a case?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Were you moved to a new department as a result of your injury and you not being able to continue in the job you were doing at the time of the accident?

Did the accident involve another vehicle? Who was at fault? Have you made a personal injury claim for the injuries you suffered?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

On the face of it, i was told that i need to move because i had limited mobility.
      Now i am settled in the new department.
      I dont mind the new job or department but i feel my extremely low pay rise has something to do with the whole thing.

It was a car accident and the other driver admitted liability, and in the process of claim for that.
      But the issue is that i have a strong feeling i wont last in the company byeond this year.
      The accident was back from a site work for my company.

I have a feeling i am only kept in the company for a while to make the accident old news and they look for An excuse to dismiss me at the right time

Comment

Has a claim been raised against the other vehicle driver?

Comment

Yes. I am in the process of claiming against the other driver

Comment

How long have you been employed by the company?

Do you know whether your % pay rise was similar to other colleagues, it may have been the trading conditions for the company have been a bit more difficult or the outlook being a bit uncertain at the moment they were wanting to be more cautious about increasing the salary bill.

What makes you feel they are looking for an excuse to dismiss you? Have there been any issues raised about your performance or anything else?
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I have been working for them for almost 2 years.
              I have no way of finding out the payrise of other colleagues.
              just feel 0.4% is technically a pay cut in real terms.
              Especially since the year before i had 2.4%

the feeling i have is due to the ceo interfering with my work and complaining and moaning at every step.
              When i respond to his demands and complains, he stops the email chain, then later down the line starts another one with same or similar complaints

Comment

Once you have been there two years then further employment rights kick in including having to follow a process in regard to any disciplinary issues.

My experience on contractual teams about salary increases is that most just say your salary will be reviewed at a certain point annually, this does not guarantee an increase or a certain %. Have you asked your manager about the level of your increase?

If you think the CEO has an issue with your work have you asked them or your manager just to see if there is an issue and to understand what it is that you need to do to avoid getting the complaints?

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                  Once you have been there two years then further employment rights kick in including having to follow a process in regard to any disciplinary issues.

My experience on contractual teams about salary increases is that most just say your salary will be reviewed at a certain point annually, this does not guarantee an increase or a certain %. Have you asked your manager about the level of your increase?

If you think the CEO has an issue with your work have you asked them or your manager just to see if there is an issue and to understand what it is that you need to do to avoid getting the complaints?
                  thanks

seems my suspicions were correct, and i will be out within few days.
                  to be more precise, by end of this week.
                  i will take the legal route to see what are my rights.

Comment

What precisely has happened?

Comment

I was told told in a meeting that they are not happy with my performance and i have 1 week to improve.
                      Giving me few vague points that i had to show real improvements on

i decided to resign as the stress is too much. Add to the pain of my accident.

Just couldnt take it any more

Comment

Have you completed your two years of service yet?

Is the claim against the other driver's insurance still progressing?

Comment

started 7th of august 2017 and ending 30/07 2019.
                          almost 2 years.

the claim against the other driver is still on going.
                          doubt i can get much out of it, i am losing 36k salary in return i may get few 1000 pounds,

Comment

Since it has been a long time since you last post not sure clear whether you resigned or were dismissed. If you were dismissed the unfortunately, with less than 2 years’ service therefore you can be (fairly) dismissed without your employer giving any reason at all.

There are certain types of dismissals that are automatically unfair, however from what you have said in your posts the circumstances detailed would not fall into any of these categories.

If you resigned then again if you were considering a constructive dismissal claim you would need two years service.
                            Last edited by ULA; 26th July 2019, 09:00:AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for your advice.
                              i did resign but i had no options.
                              in all cases, i have decided not to pursue this any more, as it will be bad for my future job prospects.
                              did work from 7-8-2017 to 30-7-2019 which is just short of 2 years.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X