• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

unfair hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfair hours

Hello i have been told by my employer that i will only be paid for 6 hours work instead of 16 hours, his excuse is that he and his colleges had no idea i was still working part time in the placement they offered me and it had gone into administration over six weeks ago. this is rubbish as i am constantly on the phone to their company mitie about something. if i hadent checked my wages i would probably would still be going there as last month i phoned them as my wages were short. so why didnt they let me know then instead of waiting six weeks. surley this cannot be right. they already knew said they were sorry it was a mistake. they must be joking. any advice would be greatfull thanks.
    Tags: None

Sorry just need to ask some questions to better understand your situation.

1. Are you contracted to work 16 hours per week or is your contract for 6 hours but you have actually worked 16?
    2. If your answer to 1 is yes 6 hours but you actually worked 16 did you get agreement to work the extra 10 hours and be paid?
    2. When you say "it had gone into administration over six weeks ago" do you mean the company has gone into administration?
    3. Are you still working at the company?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I am contracted by mitie, but this was an extra post they offered me, mitie had the contract but not me I signed nothing for extra post. Although I worked there for over 8 months. Yes I still work for mitie. The extra job company has gone into administration.

Comment

Is your employment contract with Mitie and is your contract with them to work 16 hours per week?

Did your manager at Mitie know that you were still working at the company that went into administration six weeks ago?

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Yes two supervisors new, however at the moment I am only contracted for 10hrs PW with mitie, my main supervisor knew I was there at least he should have as nothing has been said until I brought it to his attention last week.after all he got me the post.a 6 week mistake doesn't seem right. Mitie are terrible at keeping in touch with their clients.

Comment

I suggest that you write to Mitie and explain that you are short of pay for a total of 10 hours despite the fact that you worked those hours on site at xxxx client. Go on to say that you were not informed by your supervisors that you should not be working at that site because the company had gone into administration and therefore you are due the wages for the hours you have worked.

Hopefully that will result in your getting your wages paid. If not the next step will be to raise a formal grievance.

Comment

thanks for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X