• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Claiming for stress caused due to the incompetence of the employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I forgot to mention, request your employers grievance policy document and see if there is anything written about this in the contract. They may well have broken your contract if they didn't deal with the grievance in a certain way or xxx amount of time. I would also request equalities and dignity in the workplace policy. That will shoot a rocket up their arse if they think you might be disabled x

Comment

Originally posted by Karen10 View Post
      I just signed up an account so I could answer this. What your going through sounds awful and quite similar to my situation.

I have been off work for about 18 months now due to work issues, and I also filed a grievance. This took 6 months and I thought that was shocking, 2 years sounds like a nightmare. Poor you

Apologies to all for the pigeon English above. Predictive text & ADHD are a bad combination when it comes to spelling, & grammar proofing.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, this long standing issue did cause me anxiety, in fact, last February 2018, while I was being shown around new roles in the area I had the issue with my manager, I made it clear to the Union bloke showing be the jobs, that I was very anxious due to my manager constantly walking past where I was working. He told me "oh well, just ignore him".... I started to have what felt like a "fight or flight" feeling, which I now understand was anxiety. I couldn't take it, so I asked these Union blokes to get me an appointment with Occy Health ASAP. They refused, so I said "okay, I need to go to my Doctors ASAP, so I need to leave work". The Union bloke told me to contact my manager, thats the process if you want to leave work!! So I have to contact the manager I have the issues with right???

So picture the scene, I am in a panic, and have 2 choices... I either find my manager, and ask him for permission to leave, and I have to tell him my reasons. Or I just go, and get disciplined.....

I phone HR, and explain my situation, and how I'm feeling very anxious. She is not very helpful at all, and also tells me to contact my manager, as that's the process, and then also says to contact my managers manager if I can't talk to my manager. I explain that my manager is actually doing both jobs now, (he'd actually been promoted while this grievance was ongoing), so thats also impossible. I ask them to either please log that I've gone home, or get me to OH now. They just repeat the above. I make it very clear I feel trapped.

I had to stay in a canteen all day until the end of the day. I went to my Docs, and he gave me anxiety meds, which helped.

**I have this call recording as provided in my SAR** Am I right in thinking this is a crucial bit of evidence of the company knowing I'm struggling, and not doing anything about it??

Comment

Originally posted by Karen10 View Post
        Something I forgot to mention, request your employers grievance policy document and see if there is anything written about this in the contract. They may well have broken your contract if they didn't deal with the grievance in a certain way or xxx amount of time. I would also request equalities and dignity in the workplace policy. That will shoot a rocket up their arse if they think you might be disabled x

Well, since Sept 2018 I have been officially diagnosed with ADHD. Anxiety officially Nov 2018. They knew I was being assessed for ADHD way back in Feb 2018 while at work, and just before I went off again in March after the above issue (last post). They sent their retired ex-30 year service Police Detective to spy on me as they heard I do a weekend job on the side, and it seems they wanted to take pics of my car, which they did, but they got the wrong car judging by the emails I obtained, which they don't know.

So not only am I off with work related stress due to their inability to deal wit a grievance, at which that point, has been open for 20 months. But they are now spying on my personal life, trying to catch me out!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X