• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Conditional Offer Withdrawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Offer Withdrawn

Hi there I really could do with some advice, I'll try to keep quite a complicated situation as brief and clear as possible. Here goes:
    i was called by a recruiter who got my CV from a job board or Linkedin. They told me of a role they'd been given exclusivity on (the typical rec sales nonsense) Investors who own a similar service in Wales had procured a similar site not far from home in the East Midlands. For clarity, the service is a Residential Care and School for young people with Learning Difficulties.

people involved:
    investors/owners
    Independant Recruiter
    2 x Directors sourced by investors
    1 x HR advisor employed by investor/owners

Chronology
    • Rec sends CV to all and arranges an informal meeting soon after
    • travelled to meet 1 x Director and HR for informal meeting at a wine bar, went through my CV in detail
    • series of texts swapped between 1 x director, HR and me to arrange meet with 2nd director
    • meet with 2nd director soon after, went well
    • notified client has shortlist down to me and 1 x other candidate
    • zoom/skype interview with HR, 2nd Director and me, went well
    • confirmed via text I'm preferred candidate and recruiter starts negotiating package on my behalf
    • via a series of texts between myself, recruiter and 1 x director an offer is sent via text of £65k PAYE FTE with quraterly KPI bonuses and a substantial sell on stipulat of £100k if business is sold
    • more texts between 1x director, me and recruiter negotiating pay, leave and minor T and C
    • rec contacts via text then phone with counter offer idea as negotiations are at an impasse` - £11,500 annual PAYE to satisfy OfSTED and HR and remaining figure invoiced from me through my consultancy Ltd. Yhis offer put to investors
    • 1 x director confirms acceptance of second negotiation and requests start date as X.... i reply to agree, 1 x director states they'll get all of the 'paperwork ' ready
    • in the meantime, 1 x director gives me permission to liaise and direct the school improvement officer they've recruited to support them preparing resources, plans and agree to meeting in the foreseeable future
    • several days after rec chases me down in a panic, 2 x director has received unofficial, anecdotal negative references from 2 x previous employers. application halted, I send my formal referee details
    • contact rec and 1x director to ascertain facts, none given
    • quals and referees sent to rec, HR and 1 x director
    few days later
    •
    • i get confirmation written by 1 x director they're withdrawing any offers due to not matching their qualification expectations * bear in mind, no advert, JD, PP and my quals are more substantial than equivalent
    • I receive written confirmation from 4 x HR Directors confirming no references made by investors/or have those companies given verbal/ britten referees
    • i repeated requat
    • 1 x Dir reiterared quals don't match their expectations but stated no negative anecdotal references were received from
    • asked for GDPR, Data controller details, does the rec regultory re has the investor/employer, concerned about data handliling i cite conditional offer breach evidenced via several texts

I have now had a threatening letter from employment solicitors informing me I won't be receiving any information as i only want it to build a financial claim. I want it because my data may have been mishandled as the recruiter hasn't responded to my requests for information nor has the HR.

I do feel strongly that they've removed a conditiconditionalof employment and will be submitting SARs anyone in the know r.e no advert JD ,PP and when initially negotiating they threw in a L5 CPD course what grounds have i got to approach the ICO and settlement agreements for unconditional breach

Sorry it's a long post
    Tags: None

Was the verbal offer made subject to the condition of satisfactory references?

Not sure I understand your issue in regard to GDPR but happy to provide a view if you could provide some more clarity.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X