• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employer changed my pre allocated holidays after I booked and paid for them.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer changed my pre allocated holidays after I booked and paid for them.

I booked and paid for my summer holidays 2019.My holidays are pre allocated along with 15 other staff.One year we may have may for summer holidays, the next year it could be september, the year after that,april etc,etc.They are already pre arranged for the next 5 years.
    I paid for my ferry crossing on 3rd Jan.I paid for my accomodation on 9th Jan.
    Today,I get an email from the traffic office saying my holidays are now july.No reason why.No request from me to change my holidays.And the dates given are 11 days not 14.Who is legally right here?.
    Tags: None

Have you checked your contract? What does it say about holidays and allocation?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The contract states that all holidays are pre allocated for the next 3 years.No mention about changing them as and when the company wants to.

Comment

If the holiday you have booked for this year is in the time period pre allocated to you covering the three year period and is the number of days or less that you were allocated, then I suggest that you write to the traffic officer. Explain that based on the pre-allocation you have already booked and paid for your holiday within your allocated "slot" and for the number of days/less than the number which were allowed as part of that allocation. Since you have already paid the cost which I presume is non-fundable you are unable to change the holiday as requested.

You have in accordance with your contract booked holiday for your pre-allocated time and therefore my view is that you are in the right. The company has not included any provision as to what happens, in the event that due maybe to operational reasons, they need to change the pre-allocation and someone has already paid for their holiday that is there issue. They should have put a safeguard in place in my view.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Many thanks for the advice.I was certain that I was in the right.The traffic office have not stated why they changed my holiday, nor did they ask if i change it,or if I have already booked somewhere.

Comment

Hopefully an email to the traffic office will resolve the issue and you can look forward to your holiday Any more issues just pop back here!
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

My apologies for the date reply,I forgot all about this.
              The end result was that someone in the traffic office messed up the dates and month.
              I showed where they made an error, and the holidays I originally have are now back to what is listed.

Comment

Enjoy your holiday !

Comment

Brilliant, glad everything got sorted. Have a lovely holiday.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X