• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suitable alternative employment issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable alternative employment issues

I am recently going through a restructure where my employer has offered me a suitable alternative employment and has informed me that as the job is 80% the same that I am being slotted in however there are a number of issues I have raised throughout consultation and after number 1 the newly created role they are slotting me into is basically an amalgamation of my job and another department mangers job who has left on voluntary redundancy number 2 I have asked if the job has been reviewed as I have benchmarked similar roles in similar organisations and the pay grade is higher the role is not 80% the same as it includes a vast number off additional responsibilities and they are paying me the same amount can anybody help me as I am raising this with my managers and directors and they are ignoring my questions and have sent me an email asking me to accept slotting in
    Tags: None

Have you been offered the new position as part of the restructuring on the basis the company believes is it a a suitable alternative instead of redundancy?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Yes that’s correct they have basically amalgamated my job and the other managers as they have left on voluntary redundancy so effectively I have two dept to manage and double the work and staff to manage and no increase in pay.

Comment

As this has been offered as a suitable alternative to you being made redundant, presumably on a four week trial, then the first actual consideration for you is whether you believe it to be a suitable alternative position to take and on what terms it is being offered. If there is no detriment to your current conditions i.e. same place of work, hours, salary etc then it would be hard for you to argue that it is not a suitable alternative. If you unreasonably reject the offer then you may forfeit your right to any redundancy payment.

It may be a case of trying to see if you can get an agreement to accept the role but with a review of your salary at some agreed time in the future as the demands and responsibilities of the job become more clear.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X