• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Dismissed during probation period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismissed during probation period

Hello all from a new member.

Hopefully someone maybe able to give me some further advice.

I was two months into my 6mths probation period in a new job, I then had to have 2 days off due to surgery - two weeks later I had to have another day off as the surgery site was infected as they had not removed all the stitches !!. Prior to this my punctuality and attendance in my previous job had been 100%.

I met with two managers at a disciplinary meeting to discuss my attendance which is solely due to my surgery - as part of the discussion I pointed out that one of the managers had mis recorded my absence eg; had me down for 4 days sick and not 2 days ( my clock in times show my in work for the two additional days they allege I was off ) and similarly for the 1 day sick ( they again allege I was off an additional 2 days despite again clock in times and cctv showing me in work), they then asked me to leave the meeting, and when I returned 5 mins later they said I was dismissed with immediate effect.

I have appealed and am awaiting a meeting date / decision, I have provided evidence re; surgery and roster clock in times etc. My union rep isn't appearing very helpful - and has not discussed anything with me other than just wait until you get an appeal date.

Hopefully someone maybe able to give me some further advice.

Many thanks if anyone can.
    Tags: None

Did you ask for time off for the surgery?

Comment

Hi 2222

Yes they knew before I started I was due to have surgery, the one day I had off was unexpected due to stitches having been left in !!

Prior to being dismissed and at the meeting , they confirmed they had not had any issues with the quality of my work.

I pointed out the the amount of time of me being off sick was not correctly recorded , they said they would amend - which to date they still haven't despite both HR and Payroll confirming I was in work the dates these two managers dispute !!

I really enjoyed the job, and would like to go back hence appealing but I am also aware that working back there if my appeal is successful - may not be that easy with those two managers.

Comment

There's not much you can do, legally, as long as they pay your notice period.

Comment

Thanks again
          They did not give me a notice period

Comment

Does your contract specify any work hours/pay/salary? Does it specify a notice period?

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding 2222

My contract says a weeks pay and a weeks notice - I got neither

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X