• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspension from work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension from work

Hi all I need some help please. I was suspended from work on Sunday 2.12.18 for conduct. I wasn’t given a reason or told the allegation. Just don’t go in the office and don’t contact anyone. I was told I’d receive a letter 24 hours before the meeting. It’s thursday and I haven’t had anything I’ve been told I will get a letter giving me 24hrs notice. Is this right how long can they keep this going for without telling me what’s going on? I have things to collect from work but wasn’t given the opportunity and have been told not to go it. I just want to know what’s happening. Thanks!
    Tags: None

And claim expenses

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your suspension.

Suspension is normally used whilst an allegation is being investigated which is of a serious nature and from which a decision is made as to whether to carry out disciplinary action or not. The correct procedure should have been that at the time of your suspension or very soon after you should have been given written confirmation that you had been suspended that includes:

· the reasons for the suspension and how long it is expected to last

· your rights and obligations during the suspension. For example, that you should be contactable during normal working hours

· a point of contact (such as a manager or HR) and their contact details for you during the suspension

· that the purpose of suspension is to investigate and is not an assumption of guilt.

It should also have been confirmed that you receive your full pay and benefits during a period of suspension, unless there is a clear contractual right for your employer to suspend without pay or benefits.

This period of suspension should be kept as brief as possible and your employer and you should be kept regularly updated about the suspension, the ongoing reasons for it and how much longer it is going to last.

As part of the investigative nature of the suspension you can be asked to attend a meeting for which you should be given notice and time to prepare given that you should have already been informed of the reasons for the suspension.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X