• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employer not giving contract hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not giving contract hours

Hi, I'm asking for a work friend who has come back to work after maternity leave. Her contract was changed to 24 hours on her return which has been adheared to, however our new manager is only giving her around 14-16 hours (he's only been with us 4 weeks). She has questioned this and his response was 'we don't do that here' (as in none has contracted hours ) most of us are on zero hour contracts apart from a few, her being one of them. She will be contacting HR for advice but does anyone know where she will stand on this? Upon her return it was agreed that she could have flexible working hours (meaning she can work around her childcare but still have her 24 hours)

Thanks in advance
    ​​
    Tags: None

What does you friend have in writing in her original contract regarding her hours of work? What does she have In writing now regarding her new flexible hours on return from maternity leave? If both documents have her contracted to work a specific number of hours per week and there may or may not be some details as to when these are worked e.g. your hours of work are 35 hours per week based on 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, then that is what she should be working.

It may just be that the new manager has not been informed as part of the induction into the company that a few employees have a contract with agreed number of hours, particularly if the majority of staff are on zero hours contracts.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X