• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

35hr contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35hr contract

Only worked and been payed 25hrs this week + 2 days holidays I've had.. But I thought holidays don't make up too the 35hrs pay?..thanks
    Tags: None

Sorry just need a bit more clarification on this.

Your contract is for 35 hours per week which I presume is Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm?
    You are paid weekly?
    Did you work 3 days in the week when you had 2 days holiday?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi.. Thank for the reply.. I work in the coach industry, so not in a 9 to 5 job.. It is 35 hrs per week contract , Monday to Sunday.. I am payed Weekley.. I did 2 days work for the 25 hrs then 2 days holidays.. Hope that some help.

Comment

Are you a coach driver as I am a bit concerned if you are that you have worked 25 hours in 2 days.

What does it say in your contract as to how holiday pay is calculated?
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Aled Owen View Post
          Hi.. Thank for the reply.. I work in the coach industry, so not in a 9 to 5 job.. It is 35 hrs per week contract , Monday to Sunday.. I am payed Weekley.. I did 2 days work for the 25 hrs then 2 days holidays.. Hope that some help.
          25 hours work in 2 days wouldn't be that unusual for a coach driver, but as you say it is a concern but not in itself against the rules.
          One of the reasons I gave up Lorry driving was because I felt it unsafe the amount of hours you could be forced to work.

Comment

If it's classifieds as local, it's an hr rate.. I'm aloud a 15 spreadover pr day.. So could sit for 25hrs on something like rail replacement... Contract is holiday from 1st April to 31 march.. Holiday entitled 28daysper year inclusive of public holiday

Comment

Can I put this another way.. Should I have had the 35hrs contracted work or pay, regardless of holiday pay?.. Thank you for your patience

Comment

If you were paid for the 25 hours your worked and the equivalent pay for the two days holiday you took then that is the correct payment I believe

Comment

How many hours can a coach driver work in a day? = 9 hours per day - can be extended to 10 hours twice in any one fixed week. 45 minutes after 4½ hours driving; can be split into 2 - the first of 15 minutes, the second of 30 minutes. Breaks must be used exclusively for "recuperation" but can be taken as a passenger in a moving coach.

A HGV driver can get no less than nine hours' daily rest within a 24-hour period up to three times in a week. This means that drivers can work three 15-hour days within the space of a week.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X