• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • If you need a solicitors help with your employment issue you can find and rate firms on our sister site, JustBeagle.com

    You can obtain Free Expert & Confidential ACAS Code Based Employment Law Advice directly from ACAS by calling 0300 123 1100. It is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm. Or visit their website at ACAS.ORG.UK
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bullying


    I've been in this employment for over two years (so I am entitled to the provisions of the fair dismissal).
    Since beginning of this employment I've been faced with persistent undermining of my work, constant criticism and reducing my bonus for vague reasons.
    To be more specific, I've been working on projects which have been always understaffed and I've always asked the top managers to give me more staff to accomplish the project. But I always ended with useless promises whereas at the same time other teams could easily recruit more staffs to keep up with the workload.
    My priorities have been redefined very but the after a while top managers found out the it was my fault that the original tasks were not completed.
    Also, in annual assessment sessions they always bombard me with criticism whereas the other peers did much worse with much less criticism and so i end up receiving a fraction of my bonus.
    This job has made me a lot of stress and I am now doing a therapy.
    I've decided to change the job but the market is not very good at the moment.

    Now, I want to know what options do I have? Are the above points can be used to sue the employer in the court (if HR does not do anything about it)? If I make a formal complaint, com[any is able to fire me and then it will be an unfair dismissal? Can I ask for compensation for the stress and humiliation I've faced in the company?

    I know that many of the above should be answered by a solicitor but I want to know anyone else had the same experience?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Have you raised any grievance with your company? You would need to do so on the basis of specific recent incidents that have happened where you feel you not been treated fairly.

    Raising a grievance will not automatically result in the company firing you. You have more than two years service so any disciplinary process would need to follow a fair procedure and be based on actions by your that warranted disciplinary action being taken.
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

    You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

    You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

    If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



    Employment Law

    Are you having problems with your employer ? Unfair Dismissal, Redundancy, Problems with Pay, Contract Issues, TUPE etc.
    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm