• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Restrictive Covenant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictive Covenant

Hi All,

First of all, thank you in advance to anybody who donates their time to reading, commenting or contributing to my post.

I have recently been dismissed from my position. I don't have a grievance there. I was dismissed as it was my intention to leave and setup my own business. I had been approached a couple of times by a current supplier of my employer and they planted the seed of dealing direct. My current employer got wind of it, it was investigated and I was dismissed. They ticked all the boxes there, however my concern now would be the restrictive covenant as attached.

My research on this has brought mixed results. It seems that they are quite subjective and often difficult to enforce. Would I be right in thinking that they are often a preventative bluff rather than a barrier to work? If taken on face value it would seem that whether I worked for myself or another company within the industry then I could not deal with any of the suppliers/manufacturers as they would fall under "Client", or is it just specific to customers?

Again, thank you all.

G
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

many old agreements state if you leave there is a time limited not to advance into similair job/company self or other - time barred (company safeguard), if you accepted employment with this then it is set, sometimes 6 months+ etc

Comment

Far as I am aware in a standard contract of employment, this is detailed as being a 6 month period. However, I believe that it is not uncommon for these to sometimes be a longer period of time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X