• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Forced Resignation led to team being made redundant...can I do anything?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Resignation led to team being made redundant...can I do anything?

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice, have briefly spoken to a lawyer but they basically said I'd have to pay £300 per hour for them to tell me if I could do anything at all.

I resigned from my role in May following a series of disagreements around the remuneration of myself but mainly my staff following changes to our job roles. I believe the company deliberately misled us all into believe our pay would be increased following a six month trial period to ensure the team could handle the additional work load. This however did not happen and I quit at the time stating that I believed they may be trying to force us all out of the company. They obviously denied this, I am working my notice period until the end of July.

Yesterday they told me, following a business review in light I've my resignation, that they are making the three people who work in my team redundant and moving their roles to Swansea. This has annoyed me for several reasons. Firstly, I believe I was correct and they were looking to get rid of us all by refusing to update salaries (unfortunately I failed to get anything in writing when it was agreed). Secondly, the presentation they're planning to deliver tomorrow essentially blames me for my team being made redundant and finally I think I've been unfairly duped out of 8 years worth of redundancy just to further get my back up.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks

Steve
    Last edited by steve.123; 12th June 2018, 11:00:AM.
    Tags: None

If there was nothing followed up in writing from the company in regard to pay increases following the trial period then this does make the situation difficult in terms holding your employer to account.

If you have resigned and are serving your notice prior to the company issuing formal redundancy notices then unfortunately you will not be able to claim a redundancy payment.

For the company to undertake a redundancy process it will have to ensure it meets one of the following criteria:

1. New technology or a new system has made the job/s unnecessary

2. The job that the employee/s undertakes no longer exists

3. The need to cut costs means staff numbers must be reduced

4. The business is closing down or moving

My guess from what you have said is that they will use the fact that they are moving the jobs of the team to another location. The only guidance I can give on the redundancy for the rest of the team is to ensure that they following a redundancy consultation process.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I thought as much, I'll kick off about it anyway and see what happens! Thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X