• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Dismissal case building against me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismissal case building against me

Hi, I have been working for 16 years in a restaurant as a GM, the last 5 months my area manager started harassing me and bullying me, first I thought he was making pressure on me to deliver but at the end I understood that he was looking to dismiss me cause one of the area's manager trainee needs to manage a low taking restaurant to get his promotion, so he needs to sacrifice me, so he started sending his assistant s taking evidences against me and investigate me, whenever I try to explain he ignores me, I received a letter for a disciplinary meeting for Friday, he came today for a business review he suspended me for gross misconduct, and said he will add an allegation on my letter, I intend to complain about him as well or appeal, he told my colleagues that he didn't like me and he needs eyes and ears in the restaurant I tried to stay professional and show him my action plan to get better performance but he told that this plan plan won't fix anything, I am wondering if I should speak to the HR first or just attend the disciplinary meeting but I am worried that he will dismiss me on that day then appeal I am confused
    Tags: None

Were you invited to the disciplinary meeting before you were suspended (I presume on full pay) pending an investigation for gross misconduct? If so are the allegations for which you have been asked to attend the disciplinary the same as those for which you have been suspended. If they are two unrelated matters then they need to be treated separately.

If the meeting is tomorrow Friday then you need to have been given sufficient time to prepare your case - when were you invited to the disciplinary and I presume you have full details of the allegation and you have been given the right to be accompanied?

If you genuinely feel that you are being treated unfairly and you have good evidence to support your case then you could raise a grievance.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X