• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

dismissal and safeguarding referral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dismissal and safeguarding referral

Hi all,
    Just looking for some advice/reassurances regarding processes following dismissal.
    i work in a pupil referral unit, which understandably comes with its own challenges.
    i was recently dismissed for gross misconduct and excessive force during restraint.
    i intend to appeal the decision as the decision was made on probability. It was alleged I made comments to a child which was witnessed by 3 others (I never) however none of these witnesses wrote this in there inital statement and all three said it occurred in three different places over a wide area. All three were only in the same room as myself for approximately 10 seconds but only one said it occurred there?
    it was also alleged that I used excessive force despite 3 witnesses saying that the correct procedure was used and not excessive in force.
    I am now extremely concerned about this decision as this concerns children it is being referred to dbs.
    I have done my job for 15 plus years and i understand the importance of safeguarding children therefor I feel the dbs will automatically put this on my dbs? How does this effect my future in terms of gain further employment?
    I feel very unfairly treated by my management as certain lies were told during my hearing and they reported I had a previously verbal warning which I had no knowledge of. This has obviously put me off working in education and I do not want to carry my employment on, I am appealing as I do not want it on my record.
    i am just extremely concerned I will be labelled a risk and will effect any chances of future employment?
    Tia I feel I need all the help I can get right now.
    Tags: None

Hi BEC27 - this is a difficult situation you find yourself in. You need to understand that with most disciplinary cases decisions are made on the balance of probability unlike a court of law where decisions are based on beyond reasonable doubt. Yes you have the right to exercise your appeal but unless you have witnesses of your own or new evidence comes to light I am afraid it will be a futile exercise. In relation to verbal warnings did you not have anything in writing to that effect and normally they stay on record for 6 months so you can ask them for a copy of the letter they sent to you. The added complexity here is the safeguarding issues and I believe they do have a duty of care to report. this hence it is imperative you clear your name.

Regards

NMNP.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X