• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Strike Out Warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike Out Warning

Hi, hoping someone could help? My ex employer (respondent) has refused for the second time to adhere to case management orders or actively pursue the case. The original hearing due on the 31st Oct 17 turned into a preliminary hearing on the respondents request after I submitted a strike out for failing to adhere to case management orders and failing to pursue. At the hearing the judge gentle reminded the respondent that he must comply with the orders. There were other subjects like disclosures discussed that the respondent was claiming had no relevance to the case. Judge disagreed. The hearing was set a new date for middle of March 18. Delayed longer that I was hoping for but the respondent has claimed he was away on a number of holidays. Once again the respondent has given me no information whatsoever and ignored all my letters and filed to acknowledge the information I supplied. I applied for a strike out in Jan 18. The respondent was given a warning and a dead line of today 14 Feb 18 to respond to the warning from the tribunal office. The respondent has not replied to the tribunal. My question is what happens next? I hope someone can advise. Thank you
    Tags: None

I am not legally trained but have gone through the ET process. What should happen is the Respondent should be struck out. What will happen is.....nothing! The judge will simply allow the respondent to continually breach the case management order and to ignore warnings! Welcome to the world of Employment Tribunals!

Comment

Was the warning an Unless Order? i.e. did it say something like, Unless the Respondent......by 14/01/2018.....etc?

Comment

Hi Mariefab, No it says STRIKE OUT WARNING and that the judge is considering striking out for a) failure to comply with CMO b) failure to actively pursue. And if the respondent wish to object that to do so in writing by 14th Feb 18.

Respondent replied this morning with a ton of excuses which simply condensed was he has been busy!!!!!

I am expecting the judge to accept his excuses.

It is so frustrating.

Comment

It's very frustrating but you could be right.
          I suggest that you email/write to the Judge saying something like:

I find it unreasonable that the Respondent took no action and ignored my requests for information during the additional 3.5 months since you issued the Strike Out Warning. If you are minded to give the Respondent further time, I would request that you consider issuing an Unless Order.

It makes you look super-reasonable and with an Unless Order the threatened consequences of failure to act automatically take effect after the stated date has passed.

Comment

Thank you. I have emailed the tribunal as you suggested. Just wait and see what comes back. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X