• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phoe & Gobby - Further Education.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phoe & Gobby - Further Education.

Yeah that :kiss:

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix View Post
      I can't comment on full time education but for distance learning ie Open University, many grants are available dependent on individual circumstances.

As an example, I myself am unemployed ( but not unemployable, may I add )

I received the full grant for course fee's totaling £800
      A full grant for a computer £250
      Full grant for costs towards internet access £140
      A full grant for course materials £250

these grants are paid via the Student Services and DO NOT require paying back

Plus the option of further grant to assist those in financial need via the Learning Fund. On top of the usual childcare, travel, special support, maintenance grants obtainable on the scheme.

I myself would recommend the OU for those who find it difficult to get to a University and who are disciplined in time management.

All applications are dealt with on a first come first served and individual basis.

:whoo:
      how does one apply for the grant? i know i will qualify as im on a crap wage

Comment

My daughter has now made her decision to go to UNI, she wants to study Animal Sciences, and so she has applied for all the prospectuses for the different Unis that do that particular subject. She has already sussed two courses which appeals to her and both she would be able to return home at the weekend if she so wished as both of the Unis are within reasonable traveling times.

So, now what - funding can she get!!!

This all so daunting - but so pleased that she has chosen this route.

Dxx

Comment

If she googles university government funding it will all pop up and she needs to trawl through it and if she is gonig in September she needs to do this ASAP. the funding will depend on the family income and other factors its very individual for each set of circs and am afraid i only know whats open to mature students and those students with kids....Good luck hunny.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X