• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

studying with the ou, now need student loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studying with the ou, now need student loan

ever since i obtained my diploma in employment law, i decided to study law to degree level

i have been studying with the The Open University’s Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (LLB) doing modules which i pay for out of my own pocket each year

at this moment i am paying £2500 per year

i am more than likely going to be made redundant from my employer within the next 6 weeks on ill health retirement due to my knee. i will receive tax free

34 weeks wages
    12 weeks pylon (pay in lieu of notice)
    4 weeks holiday

i want to keep this as my reserve due to problems obtaining future employment as to my health problem

now being future unemployed, what are my opportunities on obtaning funds (loan) and procedure in obtaining these funds, and who to apply to
    Tags: None

Re: studying with the ou, now need student loan

Ahh i studied with the OU.

You need to speak to student services and Walton Hall and they will talk to you about the student loans available to those on low income. You may be surprised as to whats available
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

sincere thanks

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
        sincere thanks
        no probs,

the OU is a quirky organisation, but when i needed anything i spoke to Student services and they put me through to the right department ( if i was talking to the wrong one )
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

There may be additional help if your knee problem is classed as a disability

Comment

well my application for a student loan has been accepted provisionally

when applying i put down unemployed in the drop down menu, i am a bit concerned as for the next month i am still employed. i will prob be out of a job though through ill health retirement soon, allready had the occupational health assessmant (DODGY KNEE)

as this loan will be deducted through my salary in due course, is the studant loan company an executive agency of the DWP (STILL BEING PAID A SALARY)
            Last edited by miliitant; 6th July 2012, 09:02:AM.

Comment

i also agreed there doesn't appear to be any funding sources around for self-employed graduates who want to progress further.so its a very good step to a government for a students

Comment

Originally posted by ricky87 View Post
                i also agreed there doesn't appear to be any funding sources around for self-employed graduates who want to progress further.so its a very good step to a government for a students

Last edited by Amethyst; 20th November 2013, 12:40:PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

http://www.slc.co.uk/services/higher-education.aspx
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by ricky87 View Post

http://seodubai.me | free online plagarism checker | malaysian immigration rules

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X