• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

financial advice for ou courses needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• financial advice for ou courses needed

Hello everyone on legal beagles! have not been on for a while.

I have registered to do a degree via open university if i do 90 credits a year it will take me 4 years to do a degree.

i believe that if i registered before september i will get course fees paid does anyone know of any other financial help available or if there are any other grants for studying!

I am currently signing on and getting income based job seekers allowance but this could be stopped if i am not looking for work as i have only just signed on as in 1 month i dont know how long i can keep this up as it will be for 4 years. they can stop my benefits if they believe i am not looking for work and obviously this will be impossible if i am studying full time.

Also has anyone heard of a womens study fund?

any help would be great!
    Tags: None

Re: financial advice for ou courses needed

Financial support - Study Explained - Open University

does the above link help at all? It's direct from the Open University website.....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

thank you that is helpful but just wondered if there was any outside financial assistance and if anyone has had any experience themselves of doing an ou course!

Comment

Hi Jules,

You could try:-

http://www.mya4e.com/people/

I've never spoken to them myself; if you do, let us know how you get on!!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

hello guys have a new question about my ou degree which i have started now! it is all going well and i have had my student grant which was £260 which will help to get a new much needed computer. Also i can claim for a computer and they will pay for my internet usage for the time i am doing the degree so am happy about that!
          Anyway sorry for waffling but does anyone have a student bank account if they are doing an ou course. I have tried all the usual high street banks and have had the same response that becuase they consider i am not doing a full time course they dont class me as a student! I am not happy about that as next year i will be doing 60 points and will be a full time course.

funny that when i sign on they consider me to be a full time student and are kicking off about that seems when it suits i am a student when not i am not classed as a student.

does anyone have any advice about getting a student bank account.

also it seems when i have a degree they wont have a problem with giving me a graduate account.

Comment

This may help as well:

Support for female students | Nuffield Foundation

Comment

thank you labman will look through list and see if i can apply for any help!

Comment

is anyone studying with ou at the moment and has a student bank account?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X