• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Academy Rules for Primary Kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Academy Rules for Primary Kids

Dickensian new rules for infants and juniors
    Children now have new school directives
    They have to sit with their feet flat on the floor and hands flat on the table in front of them if not they'll get warnings which can result in losing their breaktimes and having to go to the head.

A warning if they happen to look out of the window
    ask if they want to take cardigans off if its too hot.
    If you need the loo badly its a no because they have to do it in their break times.
    4 warnings in a lesson and you are no longer allowed to attend the school apparently?
    Warnings can come with a detention.
    This lovely school has just recently become an academy and a lot of the young ones (year 2) have been in tears about this and a lot of them are dreading going to school tomorrow and thats only her class we know about.
    Parents are up in arms about it.
    Any experience on this guys?
    Tags: None

Do you know this to be fact? The word "apparently" suggests otherwise.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Yes I know this to be fact as this is my childs School. As parents we are organising a time/date to meet with the Head/teacher to discuss this further but would be interested to know beforehand where we stand on rights etc

Comment

Thank you KS26. My question was asked to DGS.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

DGS is my Dad he asked the question on my behalf. Thanks

Comment

There is this on the government website:

Behaviour policies:
            https://www.gov.uk/government/public...usts#behaviour

Behaviour and discipline - guidance for governing bodies: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...verning-bodies

Comment

I expect you'll get a lot of management speak and educational jargon waffle.
              I spent over 4 decades in education, the last fifteen as a headteacher.
              In school you find children and I have a traditional view they should be treated as children. This approach is toxic to education. Learning will not take place in an environment with this ethos. It is geared to produce automatons and subservient citizens.
              Changes should be introduced after discussion and engaging with parents/carers.
              There are much better ways to promote relationships.
              If not satisfied express that on Ofsted parent view.
              Options are changing schools or home schooling. The numbers leaving state schools steadily increasing.
              Good luck and please keep us informed.

Comment

Welcome to the world of the all powerful Academy Trust. Governing bodies are in reality part of the Trust with little power it seems (unlike the old true Board of Governors). Parentview needs a minimum number of parents to comment before it goes live so you will have to get lots of parents to do so.

Comment

Apparently some 7 year old today got a 'warning' for a loud cough in the queue for dinner today.

Comment

All hail the MAT, a law unto itself!

Comment

Have you made any progress ? Is it a Church school ? If it is then this approach is un Christian. I'm sure diocesan guidelines would run contrary to this. If it is feel free to pm me the school name and I would make some very discrete enquiries. I understand why you are not risking public naming.
                      Are the teachers committed to this approach ? If they are then find another school. I appreciate that can be difficult.
                      I couldn't stand working in the atmosphere you describe. I can't accept children being compelled to.

Comment

Have you made any progress ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X